rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: More Capitol Reef photos  (Read 6125 times)

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
More Capitol Reef photos
« on: May 10, 2006, 12:00:30 PM »
While Lorna is taking more pictures of Staircase-Escalante, she asked me to post some of here photos from yesterday's Cathedral Canyon trail ride.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
Re: More Capitol Reef photos
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 12:01:38 PM »
And a few more.
2007 GMC Canyon

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 12:05:13 PM »
Lorna,

Nice shots.  You can clearly see how any early morning threatened with rain, turned into one of those beautiful blue sky days. I felt like I lived the trip again.  I'm sure glad we went.

Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 12:25:49 PM »
Nice pictures. I sure wish I was there enjoying the scenery and those weird pies instead of here working. Maybe next year....
Wendy and Mike
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

BruceinFL

• ---
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 01:38:18 PM »
Wpw! Great pix. You guys have saved me another trip. Saving all kinds of fuel expenes this year.  ;D
Bruce A.
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 01:41:23 PM »
Bruce,

Photos just can't do justice to the beautiful views we get in person.  They can only give a taste.
2007 GMC Canyon

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 04:19:53 PM »
Betty,

Glad you are enjoying Torrey and CApital Reef.  We are still in Monument Valley and keep delaying our leaving.  It's beautiful here.  I'm beginning to feel like a local.  Yesterday early morning we did the 17 mile loop drive.  Then today, we did the Mitten butte hike.  We got started about 7:30 am so the lighting and temps were great.  Remy was a tired puppy when we got back.

We had some wind on Monday and very strong winds on Tuesday; so strong that we put the motosat down.  Then yesterday it was beautiful for our loop trip; but then the temp dropped and it rained steady all afternoon.  By 5ish, the sky cleared and it was gorgeous.  Today it's in the high 60's with not a cloud in the sky. 

BTW, you didn't tell me I'd have live entertainment while camped here.  We have been visited daily by a small herd of horses that are wandering through the campground.  Then this morning a herd of sheep walked through.  My horsey buddies are not gonna believe it.  Remy thought for sure the sheep were just poodles that had come over to play.  (side note:)  While Tim was waiting for me, and Remy was in the back of the truck, an indian came over and asked if that sheep in the back needed to be sheared)  Tim cracked up!!!

Tomorrow we head toward Kernville to spend the weekend with the kids.  I can't believe I called the campground and asked for a "southern sky" campsite with no trees. ::)

Marsha~
2017 Heartland Mallard IDM231 Travel Trailer....Small but mighty.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 05:00:59 PM »
  We are still in Monument Valley and keep delaying our leaving.  It's beautiful here.  I'm beginning to feel like a local. 

Marsha,
I'm glad you are enjoying the place so much.  Now you see why Terry has it as a standard way point when we travel this way.
Regarding the request for southern sky, you are really getting with the techie program now ! We are enjoying Torrey so much that I am considering getting back on the list for Moab next year.  This is awesome country!
Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

fredethomas

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 07:06:23 PM »
Betty:  You have not seen all of it yet.  Goblin State Park and Flaming Gorge still ahead.

Fred
FRED E. THOMAS

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 4
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 11:21:37 PM »
Fred,

Sheila and I had a great time at Capital Reef. We are planning on a return visit next year. There is so much to see.

I think every one at Torrey with us got a chance to see the DVD on Capital Reef that you lent to us. I think we all learned a lot from the DVD - thanks.

We drove to Kanab today with our friends, Ollie and Judy, and stopped at Best friends for a tour. As we were running a little late for the 1:00 pm time we asked if there was room to park a couple of RV's. The lady at Best friends said they had some RV parking. Only problem was they really had space for only two large RV and One was filled. The other problem was the road was not wide enough to turn around with unhooking the toads. So we unhooked to turn around and by that time the other RV left so we made the tour. A truly great place!

Hope all is well,

Ken & Sheila

Ken & Sheila
2019 Dutch Star -4369, HWH Active Air
2019 Jeep Trailhawk Elite, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 10:45:49 AM »
  You have not seen all of it yet.  Goblin State Park and Flaming Gorge still ahead.
Fred,

Actually Terry and I did Flaming Forge at your recommendation a few years ago.  Yes Goblin  is on our list.  Maybe next year. The RV site beside us has been mostly empty all week.  We thought of you guys every time.  We are going today to the little Social Hour Day  that the  Gifford House (near the Capitol Reef visitor center) has, like last year.  I want to see the sheep herder wagons which were the first RV prototypes again.  Maybe I will buy a pie as well.
Terry is staying home to wash windows.  What a life!

Betty

Betty Brewer

see where we are

kriscad

• ---
    • my work
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:07:48 PM »
great photos!

Shayne

• ---