Mini Rally in DeBary, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
Yesterday Pat & I drove to the Swamp House Grill and Happy Snapper Tiki Bar where we met Gary & Nancy Brinck and their daughter Sheri.

Had a great time sitting overlooking the marina and watching the neophytes trying to dock the rental boats. :) Food was good and the beer was cold.

Edited to change photo.

Attachments

• Swamp House back deck.JPG
    Swamp House back deck.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Swamp House Marina.JPG
    Swamp House Marina.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 67
Can you resize that Jim, I need 4 monitors to see it :)

Ned,

Changed the photo and added the other one. Something was happening in Picasa because it wouldn't work yesterday. :)

I didn't think you did that intentionally.  The pics are much nicer now, thanks.

I didn't get any better looking in the new versions of the pics, though. And Sheri didn't smile any more either.  Maybe because our drinks hadn't arrived yet?

Is that place on the St Johns River? How is the food? Worth driving too?

Bruce,

I think the food is fine but typically on the more expensive side considering it's on the water. It's a very busy place, especially next week when the bikers will be there. It's not fancy at all but we think it's a great place to spend a few relaxing moments.

Trying to ascertain how good the food is anywhere can be difficult. One day it could be great and the next, not good at all. It all depends upon the person doing the cooking. :) I think we all enjoyed it enough to go back.

Many times we will take the bike and ride the back roads through Enterprise along the eastern shore of Lake Monroe. The return trip takes us to Sanford and the park on the western side of the lake.

Whether food is "good" or "bad" is often a matter of personal preference. The food there is certainly well-prepared, but whether you "like" it is a matter of your tastes.

this looks like high banks marina.  haven't been there in many years. used to
motor the sailboat up from Lake Monroe.  Sitting down river in Green Cove Springs
now, bridge here is too low to get by.  fixed that, bought a trailer.
the St John;s is a wonderful waterway.
Rickf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom