Adding Bunks to Class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jagnweiner

I've been looking at used coaches, with an eye toward purchasing next fall.  My budget is $40-50K, and I am interested in perhaps getting a DP, vintage '99-'01.  My problem is that at times, I'll need to be able to sleep 3 adults and 3 teens.  An ideal floorplan would be one with bunks.  The problem is that this floorplan seems to have been first used around '05 and used examples would be gas, starting at around where my budget ends.

So as I was replying to another newbie with a bigger budget about the possibility of bunks, I had an epiphany.  Many of the Class As with bunks put the bunks in place of wardrobe space in the non-bunk models.  Therefore, if I had a non-bunk model with enough wardrobe space (and a fully closeable toilet space for privacy), I should be able to easily convert the wardrobes to bunks by taking out a divider, adding reinforced bunks and cushions.

Has anyone ever done such a conversion?

I do not know of anyone doing it, BUT it does not mean that it couldn't or has be done. I am sure you can find an RV with it already in there for the price you are looking for.

Checkout this thread where we are kinda already discussing bunks,

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=51335.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom