One small step in my van conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cargovanconversion

After finishing the pull-out shelf under the bed, I?ve been quite busy working on the rear doors. I already removed the fabric covered panels and decided to replace them with built-in cabinetry. There is only 3″-4″ depth available, but every little bit of storage counts in a van.

As you can see, the cabinet itself is almost finished.

I?m working on the driver?s side rear door, but the other rear door needs one too. To finalize it, I need to create two new fabric covered panels. I haven?t yet decided on the updated fabrics, however they have to be ordered a.s.a.p.

Follow my progress at my web site (see signature line).
Edit: Link in sig line.

Attachments

• IMG_3348- (copy).jpg
    IMG_3348- (copy).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 417
I've been busy this week with cabinetry inside the van's rear doors. Just finished the larger of the two.

Look at my site for details and more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3351.jpg
    IMG_3351.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 146
Working on the cabinetry inside the van's rear doors. Just finished the smaller of the two. Next is the installation.

See link in my signature line for details and more pics.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 89
Finished the installation of the cabinets for both rear doors of my van conversion. The fabric still has to wait a little.

See link in my signature line for details and more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 204
Van Conversion | Built-in stove cabinet

Decisions now have to be made about a side door cabinet. Features like stove top, exterior folding shelf, interior & exterior access have to be incorporated.

Give me your ideas!

Follow my progress - link in signature.

The Cad drawings for my multi purpose cabinet have been drawn up. As all the components and details have been defined, the real work can start.

Follow my progress on my website below.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 140
Now the drawings are finished, we will start the cabinet by making the decorative strips.

Follow my progress - see signature line.

Attachments

• 262__320x240_diversen-2.jpg
    262__320x240_diversen-2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 86
In this phase of the project, I'll build the plywood core of the cabinet and share the compartment hidden in the sub base. The use of dadoes is most prominent.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 83
The cabinet is fitted in the van and back in the workshop, the base core is glued up. The cherry frame is finally attached to the front of the cabinet.

Attachments

• index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 59
You're doing an excellent, detailed job...keep up the good work.  Love seeing the progress and the pictures!  :)

Margaret

I now turn to the back panel of the cabinet. In its up-position, it covers and protects the drawers section, while in the down-position it functions as a side table when sitting outside the van, with the side doors of the cargo van conversion open.

Follow my progress - link in signature line.

Attachments

• 325__300x400_img_3580.jpg
    325__300x400_img_3580.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 63
The back panel is finished, the hardware is ordered; in the meantime my attention shifts to the drawer construction. Rails are installed and drawer panels put together.

Look here for for details and more pics.

Attachments

• 334__320x240_img_3599.jpg
    334__320x240_img_3599.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 49
A lot of time is spent on this multi purpose cabinet in pursuit of a high standard of finish. When it is ready and installed in the next two weeks, I will continue with the cargo van conversion. There's the solar prep and walls & floors to be finished.

Attachments

• index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 48
Previously I messed up one of the drawer bottoms of the cabinet that I?m making for my (cargo) van conversion. First redo that, then do the top surface with access to the cooktop.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 63
After my last post, I took a short brake, but now I?m refreshed and at it again. We are in the final stretch of the multi purpose cabinet and next time I hope to have it ready to install in the (cargo) van conversion.

Follow my progress - link in sig line.

Attachments

• img_3718.jpg
    img_3718.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 41
As I am struggling a bit to finish the multi-use cabinet, the next phase of the van conversion will entail some of the wiring for the off-grid electrical system. Before any new cabinets are built, cables have to be laid. At the same time, buying a battery charger, inverter, some batteries and an induction cooktop, will give give me ever more use of the van, while the conversion is underway.

Follow my progress - link below.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom