Canadian needs insurance and license .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glennn

My Canadian insured and licensed  Class A motorhome will be staying  permanently in the United States - Arizona , California,Oregon, Washington.Is there a particular state that is best in which to register and insure it?Do I need to have an address or post office box in order to register it? Glenn 

Good question Glenn, because different states have different ways of taxing your coach and charging for license plates (tags).  Another issue to consider is whether you will be subject to sales tax depending on the age of your coach.

Forum members from the U.S will be able to provide better insights, but from my recollections Vermont and Las Vegas were  couple of States with low yearly fees.  When I had an rv registered in Vermont, they sent the renewals to my Canadian address.

Will be looking forward to the info you receive.  In what part of Canada are you located and what type of coach do you have?

Enjoy the RV Forum!

Most of the states we have registered vehicles in require coorporate ownership or a drivers license from that state. Not sure what ramifications that will have for a Canadian in some of those states.

If we buy a new RV in the USA and keep it there how do we get license and insurance when our residence is in Canada, for now, at least until we go full-time.
Thanks.

Sunny

Just? a thought--? Would an LLC work for Lisc and ins-- regardless of were you live?

Back
Top Bottom