"Attention, Wal-Mart Shoppers"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karl

Moderator Emeritus
Elkhart Lake, WI for the summer. Work at Road Amer
Walking past a HDTV display in Wal-Mart recently, I was amazed by the great sound coming from it - or so I originally thought. Actually, it was hooked up to a home theatre system, a Durabrand, which was on sale for around $44.83 and came complete with 100 Watt amp/subwoofer, front, rear, and center speakers,  and IR remote control. Each speaker had plenty of wire attached (even for the rear speakers) for easy hook-up and all necessary cables. Finished the installation last night with no problems, and it sounds as good or better than many higher priced units. Distortion is inaudible even at high volumes and the bass is full, rich, and not 'boomey'. Get's a big 'thumbs up' from me. If your interested, it is, again, a Durabrand, model HT-3915, and comes in a lime green box about 17W x 13H x 13D. Wal-Mart # is 000545872. Total weight is only 9.6kg (including packaging), but don't let the size and weight fool you; it sounds wonderful! 

Jeff,
The sub/amp measures 10 1/2"H x 13 1/2"D x 6 1/2"W, and the other spkrs are all 5"W x 3 1/2"D x 3 1/2" H. A you can see from the pic's, the center spkr. has a different orientation  and look than the front and rear spkrs. As you can see, the whole system is quite small, but puts out a lot of nice sound. I'm quite pleased.

We added a $79.95 home theater system from Circuit City to our HDTV. Amazing how much sound quality is packed in that little box and tiny speakers. And it includes a DVD/CD/MP3 player as well.

Gary,
Yes, technology has come a long way. Back home I had an 18" Electrovoice subwoofer in a 8 cu. ft. box driven by a separate 120W (rms) amp. Sure, it could blow the siding of the neighbors' houses, but this little box produces at least equal quality sound as the big one; maybe better. Don't have a cd/mp3 player per se, but have the computer audio going into the H.T. for now.

Mentioned this to Sue who said "The built-in system makes the walls buzz now when I am trying to get to sleep!"

I promised instead to buy a wireless headset for late night TV. :) :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom