Camper batteries won't charge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Csmith0463

Help needed.

Camper is plugged in, 110v is working in camper(coffee maker and electric heater is plugged in and working) but the batteries are near dead. Slide won't go in, furnace won't egnite and interior lights are very dim.

As far as I can figure the converter is not working. But Shouldt the shore power energize the complete campers grind when plugged in.

Running truck does not help.

Without a working converter or charged batteries, none of the 12VDC items will work.  Put a separate battery charger on them to charge them up, and check out the converter.  It may just be a circuit breaker on the input or fuse on the output.

I agree with Ned. Remove the battery, charge it with a trickle charger or such, replace it try, unplug your shore power, try your slider and light. Also check breakers and fuses as Ned suggested. Good Luck!

I had a recent similar incident, where I've had my camper plugged in over the winter to 120V power, but it seems like the slide must work on battery power only, as my batteries where low, and when trying to lift the camper with the electric jacks, I could tell it didn't have full power output.    I have one of those "Mobile Power Pack" eliminator is the brand name on mine...and put the clamps onto one of my camper batteries, and it was enough to at least finish the job at hand.
So, in my opinion, the slide won't work without battery power, or so it seems, won't work with just shore power. 

I'm thinking more and more on the significance of having solar panels to keep the batteries at full charge all the time.    My father in law has this on his motorhome, and the meter shows his batteries are continually being charged...similar to having a battery tender constantly keeping the batteries at 100%!

There are usually fuses/circuit breakers at the convertor, so you could check those for working condition as well.

I have a 2014 1150 Arctic Fox, just picked it up last month. Same problem... Hooked to shore power, microwave on, no lights, batteries dead, furnace kept going on and off, gen won't start, slide out and jacks inoperable. Heard it could be a batch of bad converters. Opened the step drawer at the foot of the cab over and everything came back on. The two thick power cables are looped a bit high at one side and when the step lid is closed everything shuts down again, pressing against them.

Short of some kind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom