Quit smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ed,  BRAVO !!!!!!!!  You are a couple of years ahead of me.  Good Luck and Hang in there to all who are just starting this adventure.   
K

utahclaimjumper said:
  Seventy six years tobacco free!! The way to quit is don't start.>>>Dan

When you're young, and in an environment where a large percentage of others smoke, cigarettes are advertised in print, TV and more, it's "cool," and no one has ever admitted there was a problem with smoking, it's kind of difficult to "don't start" after 10-50+ years, Dan. Now go back to the mid-50s and get me to "don't start."

Get off our backs.

I quit back in 1979 and still occasional think about it but it goes out of my head as fast as it came into it.

Larry N. said:
When you're young, and in an environment where a large percentage of others smoke, cigarettes are advertised in print, TV and more, it's "cool," and no one has ever admitted there was a problem with smoking, it's kind of difficult to "don't start" after 10-50+ years, Dan. Now go back to the mid-50s and get me to "don't start."

Get off our backs.

And don't forget the advertisements back in the day claiming that 9 out of 10 doctors preferred Brand X, or whatever they were plugging at the time.  One hell of an endorsement for the Tobacco Companies. 

I quit drinking and smoking the same day 35 years ago. One kind of went with the other.

You'll save a lot of money. I remember when I was in the Navy 1963 to 1967 a carton of Camels were $2.  How much is a carton now?

I have never smoked. But I know some folks that started smoking while in the military. It was either the C-Rats or K-Rats that came with cigarettes. I can remember in basic training the TI shouting "smokers, fall out and light em up". So some guys started smoking just to get that benefit. And it seemed the smokers always got more breaks at work during the day.

Arch Hoagland said:
I quit drinking and smoking the same day 35 years ago. One kind of went with the other.

You'll save a lot of money. I remember when I was in the Navy 1963 to 1967 a carton of Camels were $2.  How much is a carton now?

According to one site on the always to be believed internet A pack ranges from $5.25 in Virginia to $12.85 in New York.

Larry,, SOMEBODY needed to be "on your back" when it would have done some good,,,now,,the reason I never started,, I knew that as bullheaded as I was,,I would never quit if I ever started.  Now,, you can get back to bragging about it.>>>Dan

Arch Hoagland said:
I remember on airplanes in the 60's they would hand out a small package of cigarettes, 4 in a pack. 

We flew to Japan in 1989 on a military contract flight. The back half of the plane was the smoking section. And how about back when restaurants had smoking and non smoking sections. Most were separated by a waist high partition.

;D All well and good for you Dan, but I wanted to be like the Marlboro man, And Winston tastes good like a Cigarette should and Joe Camel would take one to the Oasis for a Cold Mug of Ale! Lol!  ::) Finally though it took five tries and 5.5 years back a Widow Maker conquered the Nasty Habit!  :D I now look forward to each and every morning I open my eyes, stand up and navigate this beautiful planet!

Oldgator73 said:
...And how about back when restaurants had smoking and non smoking sections. Most were separated by a waist high partition.

Or before that when there was no separate smoking section, and fire hazard was almost the only thing that caused a no smoking area. Even 1960's (and before) TV shows often show people in the audience smoking.

Back
Top Bottom