Quit smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dad smoked a pack a day, and when I was 12 or 13, he told me if I wanted to smoke, I wouldn't have to sneak around bumming cigarettes off of my friends.  He'd give me all I wanted and even teach me how to smoke.

I took him up on that offer and we went out behind the house for my first lesson.  He smoked L&Ms, and unbeknownst to me handed me one with the filter cut off.  Really nasty stuff.

He showed me how real men smoke, taking a long drag to get that good stuff deep into the lungs.  Not any of that shallow puff-puff sissy stuff.  I lit up and as I took my first drag he gave me a strong slap on the back for effect.

Several minutes later I finished coughing and throwing up.  I've never wanted a cigarette since then.  Aversion therapy works.

Lou Schneider said:
My dad smoked a pack a day, and when I was 12 or 13, he told me if I wanted to smoke, I wouldn't have to sneak around bumming cigarettes off of my friends.  He'd give me all I wanted and even teach me how to smoke.

I took him up on that offer and we went out behind the house for my first lesson.  He smoked L&Ms, and unbeknownst to me handed me one with the filter cut off.  Really nasty stuff.

He showed me how real men smoke, taking a long drag to get that good stuff deep into the lungs.  Not any of that shallow puff-puff sissy stuff.  I lit up and as I took my first drag he gave me a strong slap on the back for effect.

Several minutes later I finished coughing and throwing up.  I've never wanted a cigarette since then.  Aversion therapy works.

Pleased to hear it worked for you! Not every individual was so fortunate!!

DON'T QUIT SMOKING!!!! I stopped smoking on December 4th, 2017 and thankfully is going well. The only problem I've had, is a week later, on December 11th, 2017 I had a stroke.

I'm doing well. I don't plan on smoking any more. This is probably the umpteenth time I've tried to stop. It's the best I've ever done. I came home yesterday. Should be back to work Monday. Dr. thought TIA at first because I had minimal issues, and recovered from that quickly. MRI showed full blown stroke.

Glad to hear you're doing well!  Take it one day at a time and say no everyday.  5 1/2 yrs for me and I tried so many times.  You got this!!

Lou Schneider said:

My dad tried that with alcohol. It didn't take.  ;D

I took him up on that offer and we went out behind the house for my first lesson.  He smoked L&Ms, and unbeknownst to me handed me one with the filter cut off.  Really nasty stuff.  He showed me how real men smoke, taking a long drag to get that good stuff deep into the lungs.  Not any of that shallow puff-puff sissy stuff.  I lit up and as I took my first drag he gave me a strong slap on the back for effect.  Several minutes later I finished coughing and throwing up.  I've never wanted a cigarette since then.

When Jerry was young he tried smoking for while.  One time his parents were out for a few hours and he babysat his younger sister who decided she wanted to try smoking.  He helped her and told her to inhale deeply.  She did and of course choked.  When their parents got home Joy told them Jerry tried to kill her!  Of course they weren't happy with him but were secretly delighted that she no longer wanted to smoke.  Unfortunately the lesson didn't stick and a few years later she started for real.  She kept smoking until she met a man who told her he hated cigarettes and they couldn't date unless she quit smoking.  That cured her!  She hasn't smoked since and it's been about 20 years.  Yes, he's now her husband.  The entire family is smoke free.

ArdraF

Thank you Roadhappy.  I'll gladly accept all the encouragement I can get.

kdbgoat said:
I'm doing well. I don't plan on smoking any more. This is probably the umpteenth time I've tried to stop. It's the best I've ever done. I came home yesterday. Should be back to work Monday. Dr. thought TIA at first because I had minimal issues, and recovered from that quickly. MRI showed full blown stroke.

Scary stuff!  Glad to hear you are headed back to work Monday.  Curious if you had been taking aspirin prior to the stroke.

I was taking aspirin when I had my first stroke. They put me on Plavix then, so that's what I had been taking. Now I'm on both.

kdbgoat said:
I was taking aspirin when I had my first stroke. They put me on Plavix then, so that's what I had been taking. Now I'm on both.

I was on Plavix and aspirin when I developed 2 ulcers, collapsed and spent 3 days in the hospital after the ambulance pumped 4 units into me. I'm sure you have read where Plavix is linked to a higher risk of stroke even though it is given to stroke victims...... your milage may vary of course..Hope you continue to do well.

Cat- I hadn't read that. I'll check into it though. Thanks for the heads up.

Whoooo-Hooooo! 30 days!!!!
Still doing ok, and I haven't choked the living daylights out of anyone yet! :)

kdbgoat said:
Whoooo-Hooooo! 30 days!!!!
Still doing ok, and I haven't choked the living daylights out of anyone yet! :)

Awesome.  Keep it up.  If you need any support, hop online and ask one of to send you a "Virtual Slap" to get you back on track!

edjunior said:
Awesome.  Keep it up.  If you need any support, hop online and ask one of to send you a "Virtual Slap" to get you back on track!

Thank you, but if I did that, I'd be virtually black and blue:)

8) It's a one Day or should I say every second of the day thing at first! It gets better as the time goes by March 30 this year will be six yrs., never had a clue I'd made it.  ;D The benefits of quitting are worth it!  :))

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom