Quit smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never have smoked, aged 63;

>> instead I got a melanoma skin cancer lesion removed from my scalp, which, despite all my best efforts, went stage 4 on me,
and now I have two mel tumors that set up shop in my lung that're leading to heart failure and possible brain or anywhere-it-wants-to-move cancer.

Today I see people sucking cig smoke deeply into their lungs, and i think... "you really pay to do that, huh"?

Trade ya places.

Try surgery, radiation, and immunotherapy infusions like I frequently do -- and just think about it before you light up.

Peace, y'all - Brad

?With cigarettes, my wife and I, we made a deal. We only smoke after sex. I've got the same pack now since 1975. What bothers me is my wife. She's up to three packs a day.?............Rodney Dangerfield

catblaster said:
?With cigarettes, my wife and I, we made a deal. We only smoke after sex. I've got the same pack now since 1975. What bothers me is my wife. She's up to three packs a day.?............Rodney Dangerfield

That is funny.  Always good to quit smoking with a little Rodney Dangerfield humor!!

SeilerBird said:
215 months for me. That is the number of the famous Proposition 215 from California.

That is funny Will. ;D

225 months since I quit, waiting outside the ER having my last smoke while having a heart attack.....ya gotta be tough or stupid to survive

I wonder how many non-smoking loved ones have died of cancer due to having breathed second hand smoke over the years?

BRex said:
I wonder how many non-smoking loved ones have died of cancer due to having breathed second hand smoke over the years?
That is getting pretty hard to do now. Smoking indoors is almost impossible now, that heavens.

SeilerBird said:
I don't know if I smoke after sex, I have never looked down to see. ;D
Wow, good one Seiler! I'm using that quote for sure  ;)

SeilerBird said:
I don't know if I smoke after sex, I have never looked down to see. ;D

my other e-mail name is furburner and it has nothing to do with animal pelts.....likewise most people think catblaster has something to do with cats but it doesnt

I loved smoking and i thought i would smoke till old age. 

I had to quit after my MC accident in 2011 and had lung contusions, i had a 5 day start in the hospital.    So i decided to stop once and for all.  Yes i felt like i was going to die the first few weeks, and even 3 months it was horrible.  I didnt know how to sit and watch TV anymore or what to do after a meal or work at the computer anymore because i didnt know how to do it without smoking. 

However what got me through it was partly my Army training to stay focused on the mission.  Plus the fact i was so pissed off because i found out that not only did MFG of cigs put chemicals in there to keep you smoking, some of them put chemicals to keep you smoking their brand.  That totally pissed me off and i thought "im not gonna be your b.... anymore" and "you dont control my life - i do". 

However the hardest part for me was the first 3 months i had the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other.  The voice of the devil kept saying stuff like  "go ahead who cares have a smoke" and like a kazillion times "you need one, you gotta have one, its wonderful"  but i just said no,  i dont care what happens to me if i die from this or not i am NOT having a cig.  And "devil im gonna kick your a.. get away from me" and "in a few weeks you will be gone forever so leave me alone"    I will never smoke again mainly because i never want to go through that misery again of quitting.

You just have to coach yourself through it and its tough. 

Now i can do whatever i want and i never miss or need a smoke, i work at the computer, eat, watch tv and i never miss it.... There is life after cigs. 

By the way, i also gave up drinking and coffee at the same time..... i guess im a tough ol' bast.....  LMAO

Well i gave up drinking in my mid 30's but i still had one on holidays.  But when i quit smoking i completely gave up drinking anything at all ever.  And i dont miss that either.

I commend anyone for quitting, you can do it, hang in there.... :)

PS... i did gain 50 lbs just fyi....

Back
Top Bottom