rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Quit smoking  (Read 296255 times)

mel s

• ---
Re: Quit smoking
« Reply #720 on: November 30, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »
Helped me a lot when the doctor told me " you can quit smoking or die, your choice ", really made me see the light but still was not easy.
Wizard46
 I've learned 2 things about smoking cigarettes since I started smoking 63 years ago.
1.) It's easy to quit smoking ..(I've done it hundreds of times).
2.) Even non smokers die eventually.

LarsMac

• ---
  • Going nowhere fast
« Reply #721 on: November 30, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
Wizard46
 I've learned 2 things about smoking cigarettes since I started smoking 63 years ago.
1.) It's easy to quit smoking ..(I've done it hundreds of times).
2.) Even non smokers die eventually.
May be, but most of the options that result from Smoking are WAY down on my list of ways to go.
2000 Itasca Sundancer 430V
2007 Saturn Vue

“All I ever needed was a wheel in my hand and four on the road.” -- Apologies, or Thanks, to Jack Kerouac

catblaster

• ---
  • born 1949, rebuilt 2012 with used parts
« Reply #722 on: November 30, 2019, 06:23:42 PM »
Isn't that a fact Bill. The National Lung Association used to have a saying on their web site" "When you can't breathe, nothing else matters".

That is a fact, the inability to breath becomes all consuming. Lung disease progresses not at an even pace but the rate of decline increases as time passes. The body tries to make best use of the oxygen it receives by slowing down certain functions such as the hair on legs and arms began to disappear, then fingernails and toenails curved down as bone and tissue at the extremities could not get enough oxygen. Muscles deteriorate and organs slow down. Nurses instantly recognize you by the blue lips and gasping for air, they called us "blue puffers".
   This is not a pleasant way to come to your end, instead it is a long drawn out miserable way to slowly choke to death. It makes you wish for someone or something to bring it to an end sooner.  Fortunately I was one of the rare ones to get a near perfect match for transplant but that is about as likes as most to win the lottery and would a person really like to have their chest cut from armpit to armpit then their lungs scraped from inside their chest wall........I wish everyone would take the consequences seriously !! 
   Seven years, three months, one day and still kicking the can down the road.....
Will and Jane
95 Winnebago Luxor

DavidM

• ---
« Reply #723 on: December 02, 2019, 11:25:32 AM »
Started when I was 13 because I though it was cool.  Luckily never became a heavy smoker and quit for good about 22 years ago.