''Incliners for the living room''

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seajay

We have a 2000 Pace Arrow with two slides and we are looking to replace the queen sleeper in the living room slide with a couple of ''Redliners or Incliners''  ....  the difference in the two is that the ''Incliner'' will totally recline with it sat about one to three inches from the wall where as the ''Recliner'' requires six inches or more to totally recline. 
Our situation is that Willa and I are the only ones that travel in the coach.  We have no need for extra sleeping room and I can not count the nites I have fell asleep in my recliner at home.
Here is where I need some help from people that have done this before me. 
I have checked the net and googled RV recliners and found them priced from a high of 1500 dollars to a low of 300 dollars.  I have found them made in Denmark and East Podunk, USA.  I have found them in cloth, imitation cloth, leather, imitation leather, vinyl and imitation vinyl and one was covered in cat fur of some kind.  Since this is my ''first time'' buying chairs for my RV............  Which cover should I use and where is the best bargins in these type chairs.........................
Also,    anyone need a queen sleeper for a motor home real cheap?

I think we should just load up and leave the ''sand box'' and bring our men and women home now..... RIGHT NOW... TODAY.....
Just my opinion .... yours may differ ....

Thinking of doing the same change... wondering how to get the sleeper couch out of the coach...?  Do you think it will go out the door or do I have to remove a windshield?

+2 on the troops coming home... maybe Germany can stand on its own two feet after 65 years...?

Hi,
We bought two ultraleather captains chairs that recline, rock and turn. We mounted than on standard "feet" which come as an assembly designed to bolt to the mounting holes on the bottom of the chair (~$25 ea. as I recall). These have four legs that spread out to about an 18-inch square (we wrapped the feet with strips of ultraleather so the black pads wouldn't mark the floor {marks cleaned off ok before we did this}).
They are comfortable and travel very well (just set them up and position against the wall; then secure with a strap & bungee cord).
Ernie

wondering how to get the sleeper couch out of the coach...?  Do you think it will go out the door or do I have to remove a windshield?

The couch generally comes apart, (nuts and bolts) back and seat, then out the door, at least mine did.

We took our couch apart and took it thur the door.  Bought a Ashley wall hung love seat recliner and it is great comes in 2 pieces so you unbolt the 2 recliners from the frame and they go thur the door seperately and rebolt them when there in.  Its pleather come in brown and it is very comfortable.....

I removed my couch/sleeper a couple of years ago, came apart easily and went out the door in two pieces.  The only problem was when I came to replacing the carpet with a wood floor and I had several studs poking up through the floor that needed to be ground off.

I replaced the couch/sleeper with a regular leather house recliner and love it.  I often sleep in it.  It does require a lot more room than I had estimated at first.  I probably should have bought a regular RV recliner, but this one is so comfortable, plus it was much cheaper.

A couple years ago, we did the very same thing. We scrapped the JACKASSKNIFE SOFA, installed a 26"/30" tall overhead kitchen cabinet at floor level (to make up for the under sofa storage) with a formica top edged with Oak to match existing countertops. Then had BRAD & HALL install 2 swivel recliners at a rally.  They removed and hauled the old swivel rocker recliner and the recliner that replaced the sofa who knows where? DO it you'll like it better!!!!

Back
Top Bottom