Dell photo 926 printer problem solved.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

My 6 year-old 926 All-in-one printer has been working flawlessly until today. I was going to print out a rather important document.... hit print and the sheet paper got stuck about one inch into the feeder. Whatamigonna do.

Opened the lid which of course revealed nothing. I disconnected the rear cables and tried to figure out how to open the case.  Knowing that I can fix anything  ;) except broken hearts, I decided to forget that maneuver.

Next.... check google.  Paper jam...dell 926. I read a few entries and one stuck out as an easy try.

It said.. (paraphrasing a bit).. pull plug out of the wall, then pull out the brick (power) connector from the back of the unit....Let everything sit for a few minutes.  then take the printer and turn it upside down and shake it for 30 seconds. It also said that sometimes that may work..  8)

Ok I had nothing to loose. I followed the instructions (heard something rattle inside, maybe a paper clip being dislodged...if so it is somewhere inside the casing now.

Plugged all back together and --EUREKA-, back in business.

I wish all my problems had an easy fix like that. Shake, rattle and roll.  ;D

Hope I didn't bore you with this rant.

Carson FL 83?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claassen
Back
Top Bottom