Air gauges droping out on rough roads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChucknTammy

My air pressure gauges get squirrely at times and warning light - buzzer come on while on rough roads. It corrects itself quickly. i do not believe i am actually loosing air pressure. It appears to be a sensor/electrical problem.

And being from Louisiana, I have to travel on some pretty rough roads until i get out of my home state...

Anyone experience these issues before?

We had the same thing going on when I was stationed at Ft Polk, The roads are horid in LA. More than likely you need to clean and/or tighten the sensor wire on the air tank..

If your Tiffin is still on a Freightliner chassis air lines go into the VDC (or MMDC) and the computer forwards an electrical signal to the dash. When our gauges start showing zero it usually means a loose VDC connection at the dash or I have to reboot the VDC by unplugging the connector for a moment.

Yes Jeff, it is a Freightliner.

I pulled the dash off and it seems the gauges actually have air lines conected to them. I traced the lines back to a manifold looking thing of sorts. It seems as though the gauges are ran by air. The warning light has a little clip with about 5 little white wires, it apeared a little loose but all else looked good.

Everything I have read talks about digital signal to the gauges. Sort of confuses me that the gauges have air going to them.

I really apperciate the feed back. I will check deeper into it with the information you have given me.

Back
Top Bottom