South Dakota Jury Duty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMan508

Still researching the domicile state stuff.

Any SD residents reading this?  If I relocate to SD and while I'm RVing far far away I get notified of jury duty, does SD insist that you return or can you delay it until you are in the state?

The SD website for jury duty was no help.

-Eric

I have been a full timer for 9 years with a Nevada domicile. I have been summoned for jury duty twice. Both times I sent them a letter explaining that I was on vacation and it would be a hardship to return to Nevada for jury duty. Sending a letter is the key, that way there is a post mark on the envelope to verify your story. In both cases I never heard another word about it.

South Dakota will let you delay jury duty.  As zzyzx reported for Nevada, you need to send a letter explaining you are out of the state.

Jeannine

We are residents of South Dakota and when we received a Notice for Jury Duty, we simply phoned the number on the notice and informed them we are full time RVers and not in the state at the present time.  They said  ok and we were excused. 
I likely should have kept better records of  the call but  I did not think of it .

Next time.........

See other comments in your other topic:
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=51579.msg478050;topicseen#new

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom