window rattles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3Yahoos

Hello, I have a four winds class c I just purchased.  The first time out on the road I noticed that the dinette window has an annoying rattle in it.  It will sometimes rattle itself open.  The window does have some play in it.  Is there something I can do to stop the rattle without having to take it back to the dealer?

Just an idea.  Have someone on the outside put a leaf blower to it and you on inside, try to see where the noise/problem is coming from exactly? Then after problem is id'd go from there.  ???

Not sure what year or type of window you have. If it is a track window like mine are then you can cut a small diameter wooden rod to drop in the track just like people do at home for security so the window cannot be opened without the rod removed. If it is a single pane like cars etc the felt strip might be gone. Go to a glass shop to see what they recommend or post some pics of the window.

We ordered from Fleetwood that velour type channel window stuff.  We are replacing the mechanisms in the front 2 power windows and we are getting some rattle in one so hubby had me order it.  We haven't put it in yet but I can see it making it tight again.  I don't know how hard it is to do, I guess we will find out soon.

If you have a rattling Hehr window that opens and closes by sliding horizontally with a sliding screen, you may have a broken plastic vent track in that window.  The vent track holds the glass and screen in channels to prevent them from rattling against each other.  You replace the broken vent track by sliding the window and screen open, pulling out the broken plastic vent track from the bottom of the open window track, cutting a piece of new vent track the same length as the broken one, and inserting it into the window track where the broken one was removed.

I ordered new Hehr vent track for 1/8 inch glass with a screen hook online from Pelland Enterprises and replaced the broken vent track in one of our motorhome windows.  You can see a drawing of the Hehr vent track that I used at this website:  http://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome_Product_Details.aspx?ProductID=5680

The Hehr vent track comes in 4 foot lengths, but I had them cut it in half to make the package shorter and reduce the shipping costs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom