Thetford for Sealand 310 (porcelain base) Toilet Upgrade -- Anyone done it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stormbytes

So I've decided to upgrade the Thetford plastic potty (have to check the model) for a "real" toilet - a Sealand (Dometic) 310. Afaik, the upgrade is staight-forward and the toilet includes a hardware kit.

Anyone have any experience with this model and/or doing the install?

I just did that exact thing. Very easy.  Pretty much like a house toilet change out. The new one was a bit taller and now the vanity door wont open all the way. But much more comfortable, and I like the foot flush better that the hand flush.  FYI, I was told to keep the serial number handy in case any future problems and warranty issues.  I just peeled it off of the toilet itself and affixed it to the installation instructions and placed it with all my other papers.

If you go to this SITE
you can download a chart that shows which Thetford and Sealand toilets replace the one you have. It gives the dimensions of the various models and indicates which ones are direct replacements. Of course the water line might have to lengthened or shortened.

I just did a second replacement, first was a Style II.  There is a problem with the flush pedal and would not recommend to anyone, replaced the orginal plastic tilet with thatt one.  This time I used the 510H.  Easier replacememnt because I had already switched the bolt placement.  The old one was at angles to the front, the new parallel to the front, (9 & 3 o'clock)  I had enough flex from last replacement to plumb right up. 

China bowl is a lot better.

I replaced my Thetford Aurora with a 310 a couple of years ago. I got the hand spray with it. The spray does a good job and I recommend getting it. It is much better.

Replaced original with the 310. No problem, except had to replumb water supply to new inlet position. 310 is higher than original and more comfortable to use even for short people. One problem encountered, inlet valve will freeze and little window will leak for sure when it breaks out. MUST disconnect water supply and rinse hose to get ALL water drained from unit to prevent freezing. New instruction sheet specifies this NOW.

Back
Top Bottom