Replacing Fixed window with slider.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conquest aka Robert

I have a fixed window above my sink and would like to replace it with one that slides open. DW and I both like a window over the sink that opens. Need to know which measurement glass area or outside edge of frame. Its a standard screw in from the inside. It's a pretty small window frame only measures 21 1/4 X 16 1/2.Our previous Southwind had a window that opened it only opened about 3-4 inches but gave a nice secure cross breeze.  Any good sources getting ready to do the EBay thing as well as just GOOGLE.

We would be interested in find out a good source for slide-able windows also. We have been trying to locate salvage yards in our area (up to 200 miles away), without success. Good luck and let us know..........chell

A quick internet search should turn up quite a few sources for windows. You should remove the interior trim ring and measure the "rough opening" and the exisitng window frame.

Be very careful to seal the new window properly. Composet Products makes a window installation kit that works well for installing new windows and re-sealing old windows. You can get the kit at www.delamrepair.com

Back
Top Bottom