bungee cord catches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dws34sam

I have a hybrid travel trailer with layout/swing out tent beds and the plastic bungee catches that hold the tents snug to the frame are sun-baked, broken and missing. I don't know what to call them (well under my breath maybe) and i don't know where to get them. Does this make any sense ? Our trailer is a Starcraft TravelStar.  Anyone have any suggestions on what they are and where to purchase replacements? Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC02928.JPG
    DSC02928.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 35
A fast repair for your problem would be a fender washer the diameter of the other ones that you still have, and 3 or 4 smaller washers to hold the fender washer about 3/8Th's of an inch to 1/2 inch from the surface, with a screw going through the washers and into the surface that the original item was screwed to. It would be best to move the attaching point about a 1/2 inch further in than the original mounting point and to fill the original attaching point with some type of caulk.

Lee

Thanks lee. I just don't want a bunch of ace hardware hanging off the trailer,lol..

dws34sam said:
Thanks lee. I just don't want a bunch of ace hardware hanging off the trailer,lol..

That was the repair that I used on my Pop-Up. Of course they were under the beds, and were only accessable/visable when they were slid out, and only from the underside at that. In your case they would only be needed until you could locate the replacements, and that would still give you the use of your unit.

Lee

Don't know where you can get that exact thing, but I would think you could probably go to a home center and find a plastic cabinet knob close to the color and design you need, then just through drill the mounting hole.

You know..That is a good ideal.Right now i have stainless steel screws in place. Thanks to both of you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom