Short term insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smithy

Hi,  We would like to buy an rv for private use.  Can anyone recommend insurance for a short term period for New Zealanders on holiday?  Any information on this matter would be appreciated :)

As cheap as it is in the US to insure an RV I would keep it on the RV the whole time you own it.  Most companies will sell you insurance for 6 months at a time.  Heck my 35 foot fifth wheel only costs me about 300 dollars for the year for full coverage.
Are you going to keep this RV and come back to the states regularly, storing it someplace between visits?  Or are you going to buy use it for a while and sell when you leave?

Donn
They will pay much more for insurance since they are foreigners with no driving record in US. I have cheapest quotation $1350 for 30 foot rv  yearly. But if they store, maybe good idea to get yearly insurance anyway.

You can purchase for a 6 month term, normally, and just cancel when you are done.  Most companies will refund the unused premium.  At least that's been my experience, but I'm a U.S. citizen . . . a call to whatever insurance company you are considering using would clear it up right away though.

Back
Top Bottom