How do you deal with humidity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a11igat0r

Well i found one.  I ended up going a little bit of a different direction than I anticipated.  I did get a PopUp... but I am going with an A-liner instead.  I had been considering it.. but my first choice was always a typical pop up with a dinette slideout... but this deal was too good too pass up.. plus there are advantages to having an A-liner too... so i weighed those and decided to pull the trigger on this.  Im going to go pick it up this weekend.  The one thing I love about this one, even though it is older than I would really have liked to have bought, is there are windows on all four sides. 

Obviously there are some cosmetic things I will have to take care of.. which would never be a big deal for me... but the guy I am buying it from did mention one thing I didnt anticipate.. humidity.

He did say one of the tables is made of that press board material and its starting to separate some... which Im not worry about that.. .as long as its structurally sound and all thats really what I care most about... but there is this stuff you can put in your bathroom to reduce and in some cases eliminate humidity... assuming its not heat sensitive (meaning you gotta keep it with certain temps).  But are there any other options for while its being stored to reduce the effects humidity (especially in Fla)?  Does this mean putting a cover on it is also not gonna be a good idea?

We use a large bucket of Damprid when in storage and an Eva-Dry 2200 dehumidifier when in use. There are differenct sizes/versions of both. Stay dry  ;)

a11igat0r said:
damprid is exactly what I was thinking about!  will that work/help?

I should have mentioned that I use it because I believe that it works. If I forget to put one in the summer and enter the coach after a week I notice it's hot and moist to the point it burns your nose. Once I put the Damprid in and reenter the coach after a week it's just understandablely warm but not uncomfortable. Give it try & see what you think, it's got to be better than nothing besides it always fills with water so apparently it's pulling in moisure.

In the winter I keep a small fan runing 24/7 fresh air moving helps. Then year around I keep roof top vents open.

Back
Top Bottom