Texas Hill Country Wildflowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sheltie

The flowers around the house have been coming out for the past few weeks so we decided to take a trip over to the Wildflower Seed Farm near Fredricksberg to see what they looked like over there.  On the way we saw bunches of bluebonnets alongside the road.  At the farm, it was a cocaphany of colors, really beautiful.  After that we decided we wanted to do a little rockhounding and drove up Texas Highway 16 to just north of Llano.  I've NEVER seen the blubonnets so pretty or so many of them all over the place.  They go on for miles and miles on both side of the roads and back into the many ranches along the way.  Mixed in are Indian PaintBrushes, lavender and white poppys.  I'm not an overly spritual person but that scenery sure makes me want to give praise to a higher power.

I'll be putting this in a couple of forums to let others know that know is a good time to either go to the area or to take a detour on their through-trip to see what it looks like.  It's well worth it.

Agreed. Last year we saved the seeds and replanted them around our property. They're out in full bloom.

Flowers of any kind are a joy to behold, but there's just something special about TX wildflowers. As can be seen here  http://goo.gl/s8MJ9

We were at Wildseed Farm on April 6th.  It was really beautiful.  I thought the Larkspur were the prettiest.

In the afternoon, we drove north from Fredericksburg about 13 miles and drove around the Willow City Loop.  Stretches of gorgeous wild flowers in natural hill country settings.

The Bluebonnets are pretty much gone, but these yellow flowers are carpeting many of the pastures and roadsides now.  These were found about half way between Spring branch and San Marcos.

Attachments

• Yellow Field Flowers 1.jpg
    Yellow Field Flowers 1.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 24
Yeah, but the problem is that these yellow "Flowers" are really a highly invasive weed called bastard somethings (I can't remember the last word) and we are trying to find a way to get rid of them.  They are crowding out all the good flowers like the bluebonnet and Indian paint brush.  Someone remind me of the two word name of this weed, please.

I'm just repeating what I read, primarily from those who are supposed to know what is good and what is bad.  Laugh away all you want.  I guess I can take it from your post that you aren't human.  Welcome to the forum, alien from outer space!

Back
Top Bottom