Jammer drags home an antique

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jammer

Bought a 1971 Cayo C-11.  I've been looking for a good one for a while.

There's an extensive writeup with more photos on the Airstream site.  Take a look if you like, I'll reply to questions and comments left here too.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f417/jammers-1970-cayo-c-11-a-88508.html

Attachments

• c11-small.jpg
    c11-small.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 175
You'd have enjoyed the History of RVing seminar at the Good Sam Rally. Guy collects RVs (and I thought we had too much space devoted to our Coca-Cola collection). Had some very cool 1920s-1930s RVs, not to mention a great collection of coat hangers !

Wendy

Thanks all.  As Mariekie notes, these were built by the Cayo brothers.  At one time they owned Avion, and when they sold Avion to Fleetwood, they retained the very small truck camper portion of the business for a few years.  My rig was manufactured shortly after the sale.  Cayo is still in business as a service center.  I understand that they still make a few custom one-of-a-kind truck campers on a special order basis, but serial production ended in the mid 1970s.

I keep fussing.  I've resealed a bunch of seams with Trempro 636 (aka Vulkem) and Parbond.  I replaced the entrance door lock, and have been patching the holding tank.

I ended up getting some West System G/Flex epoxy for the holding tank patch.  It was leaking at the outlet flange and at a crack in the bottom that had been previously repaired.  I did the surface prep with a die grinder and put maybe six coats of the epoxy on there.

Since this was manufactured without a greywater tank, I've ordered one from plastic-mart.com and will be installing it in the next few weeks.  It will be a tight fit, and will require replumbing a bunch of stuff.

I found some replacement weatherstripping for the 40-year old Hehr windows at all-rite.com and will be installing that too.

Back
Top Bottom