Yellow VW/RV hybrid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luca1369

I bet Wendy and Mike will appreciate this one...

Attachments

• VW_RV.jpg
    VW_RV.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 99
Oh, no, poor baby VW. How can it haul that big load? People do mean, nasty things to their Vdubs....like raise them up 6 inches :)

Wendy

While watching the entertainment last night we could see the RV's being moved out of the display area. Suddenly Wendy said "There goes my motorhome!" 

Believe me it did not look like the VW. ::)

VW bug conversion kits were made by a company called Bugaroo in the 60's and 70's.    Mechanix Illustrated published details on how to build one yourself.

Wendy said:
Oh, no, poor baby VW. How can it haul that big load? People do mean, nasty things to their Vdubs....like raise them up 6 inches :)

Wendy

Back in the late 80's, my cousin and I cannibalized one and turned it into a dune buggy...sorry!  8)

I'm afraid you guys might not like this either, I ran across it today on the net.

Attachments

• vw_grill.jpg
    vw_grill.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 54
Now that's a cool thing to do with a VW front end that's finished it's traveling days.

That's just a tad easier to take than what I saw a couple of years ago - the local Ford club had a picnic at the Railroad Museum and their BBQ was a beautiful white and red trim early 1960s Thunderbird hardtop convertible.

I don't have any pictures but the hardtop retracted into the trunk to expose the BBQ, which filled most of the interior.  Refrigerator and food storage were up front under the hood and it had a Blue Ox baseplate and towbar to move it from place to place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom