Tennis courts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim @ Fran

Hey....just reading the pickle ball posts and wondering how many campgrounds have tennis courts???    I have been playing for past 2 years and my DW is taking lessons until she retires in July and we take off on our first adventure....

Not many have courts and those are mostly high end resorts. We encountered one at the Hilton head RV Park and Yacht Club for example.
Ernie

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Kentucky Horse Park and they have them.  I can't remember any of the other places that we've stayed in the past couple of years having them though, so I'd have to say they are not that common.

I don't ever recall seeing a tennis court at an RV park, but I am sure some exist.

My suggestion is to Google the town you are staying in and "tennis courts" (i.e. Phoenix tennis courts). Many schools, gyms, YMCAs and other facilities offer tennis courts. Some even offer lessons.

Thanks Tom....Maybe the DW and I will have to set up a portable net in the Walmarts parking lots when traveling???  LOL....

Glad to see you back on this forum...enjoy your posts and love the pictures....

Jim @ Fran said:
Thanks Tom....Maybe the DW and I will have to set up a portable net in the Walmarts parking lots when traveling???  LOL....
The "oh my god, they put down their jacks in a Walmart parking lot" crowd would have a collective heart attack.

You don't have to stay in a park with tennis courts in order to play, or just hit some tennis balls. Even the smallest little towns have their own courts, where you can go and play. Just call the local municipality and ask for information on the location of courts and and what their rules are.

We are by no means serious players, but like to hit some tennis balls for physical activity, and have never found a a problem to locate a court.

Mariekie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom