1985 Toyota Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gayas

I am a owner of Toyota motorhome.  Recently bought with not much experience in this category of automobile.  This vehicle has R22, 4 cylinder engine.  Very good on gas mileage,  but it has some problems, A/C does not work, cannot find rubber hoses, cruise control is not functioning and cannot find parts any where including local jun ck yards.  Does any body have any information as to get the these parts ? any suggestion will be appreciated

gayas

the R22 or even R22E (for electronic) has been in many many Toyota's over the years parts should be easy to find. the A/C should be a standard item. as for Hoses are you referring to Radiator and Heater hoses? those should be available from Any auto parts store in Bulk, just need to know the size IE: 2 inch, 3/4 inch etc. Cruise control might be specific to the camper but I am not sure. I have a 1993 Toyota 4runner with the same engine but it doesn't have cruise control.
Do a search on google for toyota motorhome forum and you should be able to find a few places to get help. (like toyotamotorhome.com) Parts are still Avilable but most of the button pushing monkey's at the parts counter won't be able to cross reference anything and it will be up to you to provide a part number.
Most Junk yards today find it more profitable to crush or shred the older stuff just for the weight in scrap metal.

Good Luck and have fun!

I would advise skipping anything having to do with motorhomes and go straight to Toyota truck part websites.  The 22RE is the second most successful powerplant in the history of automaking, parts are plentiful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom