What are these things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just Lou

What the heck are these things.  I have found one or two on the floor of the Bounder over the last six years.  I never knew where they came from until I removed the Steelcase chair to replace the flooring.  When I overturned the chair all these things fell out from underneath the seat.

I don't have any idea what they are, but I suspect some worker deposited them in the chair as he went on break and forgot to retrieve them.

Attachments

• 100_1035 (Small).JPG
    100_1035 (Small).JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 400
After I found them, I walked around my garage for about twenty minutes trying to think of a use for them.  When I decided that they had no use among my fishing gear, which automatically rendered them useless, I pitched them in the trash.

Just Lou said:
After I found them, I walked around my garage for about twenty minutes trying to think of a use for them.  When I decided that they had no use among my fishing gear, which automatically rendered them useless, I pitched them in the trash.

Lou, you'll find a great use for them about an hour after the garbage man makes his rounds... ::)

Water Dog said:
Lou, you'll find a great use for them about an hour after the garbage man makes his rounds... ::)

Ain't that the truth?

Lou, you have to get organized. Saving stuff is very important.

I have 12 red coffee cans lined up on a shelf in my garage, all nicely labelled: Metal screw, Wood screws, Nuts, Machine screws, wood screws, washers, that's six. The other ones are labelled electrical, miscellaneous (3 cans), don't know what's in them anymore. The 12th one is empty for future miscellaneous items.
  Some my stuff is 50 years old. Am I a pack-rat??

Just trying to help.

carson said:
Lou, you have to get organized. Saving stuff is very important.

I have 12 red coffee cans lined up on a shelf in my garage, all nicely labelled: Metal screw, Wood screws, Nuts, Machine screws, wood screws, washers, that's six. The other ones are labelled electrical, miscellaneous (3 cans), don't know what's in them anymore. The 12th one is empty for future miscellaneous items.
  Some my stuff is 50 years old. Am I a pack-rat??

Just trying to help.

You need to try decaf......

Just Lou said:
You need to try decaf......

Thanks for the advise, Lou. I never thought of that.... I guess that means I have to throw out all the good stuff. I know that collecting antiques becomes habit forming. Have a lot of that stuff too.
  Wanna buy a 100 year old Eel Spear ?

Kudos for the work you did on that ole jalopy's floor.  :)

Lou...One thought before throwing away those widgets. DW makes fun of me because I have a pre-pile. That's a pile I throw my trash in before it becomes officially thrown away. Also one of our rules is 7 years. if I haven't used it by seven years it must hit the pile.

catblaster said:
Lou...One thought before throwing away those widgets. DW makes fun of me because I have a pre-pile. That's a pile I throw my trash in before it becomes officially thrown away. Also one of our rules is 7 years. if I haven't used it by seven years it must hit the pile.

I like that.  I do have some things that are at least 15 years beyond the seven year mark.

My mind usually works in the following manner;
  • If I have one of something, it's easy to throw it away.
  • If I have two of something, it gets harder because I now have a pair.
  • If I have three or more of something, I don't want to break up a complete set.
  • If I have ten or more of something, I have to consider the weighty possibility that I have control of the worlds supply.
  • More than a bag/box full, then I keep them and delude myself into thinking I'll use them to build something entirely different.
My garage shelves are (like Carson's) full of future projects, forgotten dreams and present junk.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not illegal to have "stuff" hanging around. When my wife starts nagging because I have 20 year old stuff in the garage, I just remind her how long we've been together. I have a junk drawer that has junk from the last house. It doesn't bother me a bit. It's neat, tidy and out of view of visitors. As long as I can identify what's in the box from the outside, I'm happy that it might still be useful.

Ken

As the old saying goes, "Junk will expand to fit the available space" or something to that affect.  I live 25 miles (about 35 minutes) from any kind of store and about 40 miles (about an hour) from the more common home centers.  I am lucky to have a 5-bay garage.  Two of those bays have been totally enclosed for a workshop, insulated, heated and air conditioned (no, I didn't do it.  It's why I bought the place).  It is heavily wired with 400 amp service (used to be a business building making custom motorcycle frames) so it has plenty of electrical power available.  In addition, I have a 40 foot lean-to shed off the back of the garage, three storage sheds and a garden shed.  When I die, they will have to bring in a front-loader and 40 foot dumpster to get the place ready to sell.  But, my collecting and maintaining of "stuff" has saved a lot just in gas, not to mention time.  Typically, when I buy something at a hardware store, if it's not bigger than a bread box and costs less than a few dollars, I buy at least one extra.  If I live long enough, my survivors will be able to open a hardware store right here at home.

Shame on you, Lou, for throwing those things away.  I could have used them for something...someday. :mad:

Carson, you are not only a pack rat, you are a well organized pack rat.

I have a 5 gallon bucket full of stuff.  If I need something I pour it out on the floor and look through it.
When I find what I need, I shovel it up and put it back in the bucket.  Not organized, but efficient.  I know
what ever I need/want is in one bucket, and one bucket only.

bucks2 said:
I have a junk drawer that has junk from the last house.
Ken

Not only do I have junk from my last house, I have junk that pre-dates my last wife.

Richard

Molaker said:
As the old saying goes, "Junk will expand to fit the available space" or something to that affect.  I live 25 miles (about 35 minutes) from any kind of store and about 40 miles (about an hour) from the more common home centers.  I am lucky to have a 5-bay garage.  Two of those bays have been totally enclosed for a workshop, insulated, heated and air conditioned (no, I didn't do it.  It's why I bought the place).  It is heavily wired with 400 amp service (used to be a business building making custom motorcycle frames) so it has plenty of electrical power available.  In addition, I have a 40 foot lean-to shed off the back of the garage, three storage sheds and a garden shed.  When I die, they will have to bring in a front-loader and 40 foot dumpster to get the place ready to sell.  But, my collecting and maintaining of "stuff" has saved a lot just in gas, not to mention time.  Typically, when I buy something at a hardware store, if it's not bigger than a bread box and costs less than a few dollars, I buy at least one extra.  If I live long enough, my survivors will be able to open a hardware store right here at home.
This is why we still have the house for sale and no rig yet...but someday someone is gonna show up here witha load of cash they just can't wait to give us for allour precious junk!

This will likely start a Mars vs Venus argument, but I always wonder why all my stuff is junk, and if it doesn't move in a couple of months, it get turfed, but DW's stuff can sit on a shelf for years until she needs/want it.  And NO, not all of my stuff is full of grease.  :)

Ed

ED..it's cause your stuff isn't shiney and sparkley like her stuff. We know how they love sparkley things.

LOU... We were visiting our nephews when his kids girlfriend came out with two of those widget looking things stuck in her ears...hanging down like those platters the african tribes put in their lips...now I  know they must be ear lobe stretchers.

We putting last coat of redmax 3 on today...looks goooood

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom