Best place in Indiana for new couch and blinds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmann7x

Hello everyone, your opinion will sure help. I live in Indiana and am new to RVing and want to update our blinds and couch in our Holiday Rambler. I think I am in a good place from what I gather that  alot of RV's are made here but I have no idea where to begin. Thanks for any help and happy travels. 

If you want high quality and a good selection, Bradd & Hall in Elkhart is the place to go.

There are several places here in the Elkhart, Middlebury area for the couch and blinds.  But I agree Bradd& Hall will give you the best selection. There are a few RV salvage store around here as well. There are 2 on Bristol street (SR 19).

Hi,
I agree B&H has good stuff; but they price it accordingly. The salvage houses mentioned above have mostly new equipment and we found a very good selection when we were looking for Captains Chairs. I'm sure we saved several hundred dollars.
Ernie

Ernie n Tara said:
Hi,
I agree B&H has good stuff; but they price it accordingly. The salvage houses mentioned above have mostly new equipment and we found a very good selection when we were looking for Captains Chairs. I'm sure we saved several hundred dollars.
Ernie

Ernie - can you tell me where you got your captain's chairs?  I need at least one new one (driver's side) but would buy two so they match, if I can't find one that's close to the original in color.

Thanks everybody i will google Brad&Hall. I really appreciate the help. Mr Ned we have the same RV and even the same color as yours, I happened to check your blog and seen a picture of it. I dont know if they are the same floorplan but although they look identical.  I might have to bother you in the near future if I run into any problems.lol.

www.braddandhall.com is their web site.  We have the WDS floor plan (walk through bath).  Ask away :)

Andy,

I don't recall the name of the place since we visited several (most are on the same street) and it was two years ago. They all had Captains Chairs, usually in pairs. I'd guess we looked at 50 or more pairs of chairs. As I (Tara actually) recall, we paid around $800 for both chairs and the bases.

You'll likely find what you're looking for quite easily. Try the two listed below, plus there are others:

http://www.rvsurplus.net/catalog/display.php?category_id=21

http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/categories.php?category_id=139

We plan to replace our current Driver/Passenger chairs next time we're there.

Ernie

Too bad you are not in California. I just bought an RV that comes with a new set of blinds through out the coach and I hate them. I am going to be pulling them out and throwing them away and replacing them with curtains. The blinds rattle to much for me and really don't block out much light. Plus they are pure white and ugly. Makes my RV look like a doctor's office.

Here is where I purchased my Jackknife Sofa and 2 Captains Chairs. The price was amazing and the products are Amish built right there in Indiana.

http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/categories.php?category_id=147

Thanks zzyx but I happened to see an article in a magazine for MCD blinds and the place Mr. Ned has told me is a dealer for them. They are not the traditional kind. And Mr. Ned we have the same floorplan I believe also with the walk thru and private stool.  I have the cat diesel in ours.

Thank you for that site.  I have been searching for a month for the bulbs in my fixtures that illuminate the floor was almost to the point of buying new fixtures, could find them nowhere. But they must know they are hard to find, they are $15 for 2 tiny 10mm by 36mm bulbs.  But I need them if I'm going to use the lights.  I got 4 packages, if they are indeed correct, I measured them, they should be, then I may stock up a few more, I know I need at least 5 of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom