Goodbye Snowbirds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yolo

I drove south about 70 miles on I-75 to Naples and must have seen over a hundred coaches, 5th wheels, and travel trailers headed north.  Must be that their monthly rent ran out on the 1st and Easter is next Sunday.  See ya back next year.

Saw the same thing when we drove the coach down I75 to Tampa last Friday.  Met a couple from Maine at Lazydays - they were headed north  to get their restaurant opened up for the season.

I drove north from Phoenix to Kingman yesterday and it amazed me that just about every license plate that passed me was Canadian. Not just motorhomes, but cars too. I figured they must have opened the gates to Canada yesterday. Either that or Americans drive slower than Canadians...

Yea, we went out to eat yesterday in central Florida and you could actually get into the restaurant without a wait. Went to the Dr. Friday and the waiting room was only half full. Snowbirds are definitely on their way home.

Hmmmm..... 4 posts about the snowbirds leaving and not a single thank you for the money they left. Now the RV parks will go back to the "summer" rates for all who stay. All the infrastructure built to accomodate the winter crowds is now yours to use. Big stores, big roads, and lots of Docs.

We're not so eager to leave the sun. It's 35 and cloudy, calling for rain, with a high of 51 at home. It's 57 here at 0700. You're stuck with us for another month or so.

Ken

In still in Tucson, the beer here is so cheap, don`t want to go back to the land of taxes and eskimos.

Yup, time for me to head to Florida, cheaper rates, plenty of sites and wide open beaches.

It's kinda sad :'( . We are still at an RV resort in Central FL and it's a ghost town. Most weekly events have ended, the office hours have been shortened and you barely see a soul when walking around. We leave at the beginning of next week so I think RV traffic should have thinned out by then. It's been fun, lots of wonderful folks to meet and sun to soak in but time to go back to reality :-\ .

We spent a month in Port Aransas, TX and arrived in Tucson last Thursday. The park was nearly full when we got here and we have been watching the steady parade of folks leaving ever since. Sunday (4/1) was a really busy day.

It didn't seem as heavy an exodus this year from St Petes.  Went to the Lightning/Capitol hockey game last night, it was full.  We have tickets to the Ray/Yankee game Saturday, opening game Friday sold out on-line.  So, there are still people around.  We're taking our daughter & SIL to Fort DeSoto beach this afternoon, and expect it will be full too.  However, our friends went up to Ontario from Orlando last week end, and he said it was like driving in a convoy moving at 70 MPH.
    You are not getting rid of us so easily, we head to Moab, Utah around the first of May, to get there by opening day.  Although home had near 80 F two weeks ago for a few days, reality set in again, and temps have been hovering around freezing most nights.  We love Florida in April & May with it's warm weather, emptier stores and tourist areas, and restaurants.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom