New Zealand Camper Van Trends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

An interesting newspaper article about van campers in New Zealand.

http://frugaltraveler.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/in-new-zealand-a-man-a-van-a-plan/?src=dayp

Interesting ... I have some friends in Australia that were just here ... in US and Canada. They were RVing for a few months. They say that it is very popular in Australia as well.

Bring on the Kiiwi experience.

In my short experience with the North American culture, the "big rig" will never die. It's the "god damn right" mentality , just like the gun issue...............this is the sticking point
This way of thinking needs changing and maybe it will be high prices that will eventually force the demise of these jugnaughts.

I applaud the South Pacific and European regions for their positive mentality toward our envoirnment and it's sustainability.

Com'n North America with our summer holiday/driving season  just around the corner don't even try and justify fuel consumptions; with all our secure gas/oil sand reserves,  a mentality change is needed.......

Join the majority of global communities who are forward thinking and change...............if you willing !!!!!!!

Anzac said:
In my short experience with the North American culture,

Are you including CANADA in North America ? you know that we are here right? that it is a different country right?
OK just saying. not that we here in CANADA don't have the same thoughts that bigger is better just want to make sure you really did want to include us in your statement.

Now personally I agree that having a smaller rig can (and for me IS) just as good as the larger rig. I have all I need in my 26 foot 8.2 foot high rig that I need. Has a shower toilet ,sink bedroom, wardrobe, kitchen, living room. I don't have to duck getting in the door and have plenty of headroom. what more could be needed.

I agree with "1275gtsport" ... having the smaller rig has made the idea of travelling easier for many,  considering the cost of fuel.  The ERA is 10 feet tall, 6'4" wide and 24 feet long. I can maneuver it almost anywhere, including most Tim Hortons drive-thru ... a must for most Canadian travellers.  ;D And it has all the conveniences that "1275gtsporrt" mentioned.

As for "Anzac's" comments ... I have no idea what he/she is talking about.

Anzac said:
Bring on the Kiiwi experience.

In my short experience with the North American culture, the "big rig" will never die. It's the "god damn right" mentality , just like the gun issue...............this is the sticking point
This way of thinking needs changing and maybe it will be high prices that will eventually force the demise of these jugnaughts.

I applaud the South Pacific and European regions for their positive mentality toward our envoirnment and it's sustainability.

Com'n North America with our summer holiday/driving season  just around the corner don't even try and justify fuel consumptions; with all our secure gas/oil sand reserves,  a mentality change is needed.......

Join the majority of global communities who are forward thinking and change...............if you willing !!!!!!!

Why don't you just try to enjoy your own RV experience your way, and quit trying to dictate to everyone else how to enjoy theirs?  I understand their are folks here with a wide variety of opinions, and I think that is a good thing, generally, but the thing that brings us all together is enjoying travelling in our RV's. 

AndyinLexington said:
Why don't you just try to enjoy your own RV experience your way, and quit trying to dictate to everyone else how to enjoy theirs?  I understand their are folks here with a wide variety of opinions, and I think that is a good thing, generally, but the thing that brings us all together is enjoying travelling in our RV's.
My wife and I and our intrepid Westie could not travel if we did not have our trusty old class C.  We're too old and rickety to climb in and out of anything much smaller.  Having to downsize to a van camper would just bring our traveling to a halt.  I admire those who can do it and I expect they can go places I dare not tread in my 32 footer (plus towed).  But, at least I am able to go...for now.

Oh yes, did anyone notice the wineglass in photo #8 in the link above?  My kind of glass. :)

The New Zealand stem wear?  Looks rather practical for a 'B'.  Easy to store and multi use.  We removed the spare tire that mounted under the van and added a wine cellar to our van.  I posted several pics of my van around the first of April but forgot to include the cellar.

Remember the first requirement for successful RVing is to have fun!

Attachments

• P1120117.JPG
    P1120117.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 17
Greetings,

Been enjoying the posts, say one  :eek: in this tread. I bet that Len and Jo get nervous on gravel roads with the wine celler in the spare tire spot.  ::)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom