Electric Brake Controller Wiring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captainjohn0123

I own a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 37G. We recently purchased a tow dolly and need to connect our brake controller. I managed to finally locate the wiring harness for the controller under the dash. Unfortunately, the blue wire for the electric brakes can not be found on the rear of the RV, even though there is a blue wire in the harness. After searching extensively, I cannot find where they decided to end the wire for the brakes.

Can anyone shed some light on where I might be able to find the connection so I can run a wire to the rear of the RV, or would I be better off cutting the blue wire on the harness under the dash and running the brake wire from there?

John Canfield said:
John - you mean there is no blue brake wire in the trailer connector at the rear of your coach?
That is correct. The pin in the connector has no wire attached to it. I've looked all over the rear of our unit and cannot find the wire that should be for the brakes.

Get under the MH, behind the rear wheels. and look for the end of the truck chassis - about 6-8 ft in front of the rear bumper, where the Winnie extensions take over heading to the rear.  Left of center at the rear of the truck chassis is a corrugated wire loom that then turns and heads to the rear, to the tow connector, among other things.  Just before the bend to the rear, open up the wire loom and you will find the termination of the blue wire, along with a white (if I recall) large gauge ground wire for the trailer brakes.  Extend this to the rear and you've got it made.

Sounds like QuadManiac gave you the exact location to easily find but thought I would point out your wiring diagrams which can be found here just in case. Not sure if or where within the diagrams you could find the pin connector wiring but still a good reference. Good luck.

QuadManiac said:
Get under the MH, behind the rear wheels. and look for the end of the truck chassis - about 6-8 ft in front of the rear bumper, where the Winnie extensions take over heading to the rear.  Left of center at the rear of the truck chassis is a corrugated wire loom that then turns and heads to the rear, to the tow connector, among other things.  Just before the bend to the rear, open up the wire loom and you will find the termination of the blue wire, along with a white (if I recall) large gauge ground wire for the trailer brakes.  Extend this to the rear and you've got it made.
Thanks! RV is currently in the shop for a full-body paint job. I'll see if I can find it when we finally get it back. The shop has been working on my unit for over two months!!

Yes - you can see the wiring diagram going to the trailer socket in this file (from Dag's link) - socket's at the bottom, right side of page 4.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2000/132725.pdf

Towards the left of that socket's wire bundle you'll see the unconnected DK BLU  and WHT wires... that's them!

Back
Top Bottom