Spring has spung - Maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Sprang my van from the storage lot today.  Would you believe that it SNOWED lightly on the way home. 

Flipped the kill switch and checked the house battery(s) voltage prior to starting up the van.  The van has been in storage for 4-4.5 months and house battery voltage was still 12.43v.  Will give the batteries a nice long top off at home.  My gas gauge went crazy near the end of our Vancouver Island trip last fall so will take in and get the sending unit float (I assume the cause) replaced.  Need to change the Mobil I and we will be ready to roll.  The 2000 Chevrolet Express now has 120.000 miles on it.

Think I will wait 2-3 more weeks before flushing the anti-freeze out of the fresh water system.

Since I got my ERA last November I have been on the move all winter. I guess we were fortunate that we had a fairly mild winter. Even though the plumbing systems were winterized I managed to get away for several weeks at various times throughout the winter months.

I am just in the process of de-winterizing the plumbing this week in preparation for my first trip with full water. Previous trips last year were with the van and trailer. I am looking forward to trips in a self-contained unit now.

All the best with your travels in 2012.

Karsty

Back
Top Bottom