Renewing decals (or painting) in Mexico?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougie Brown

We're considering re-striping our 2000 Adventurer and had a useful chat with a knowledgeable guy in Apache Junction, AZ this morning (Steve Zacher of RV Stripes & Graphics).  Someone here in the park this afternoon mentioned that they had their last coach's decals stripped, then masked up and painted (in place of new decals) whilst they were in Mexico about 7 years ago.

Anyone have any knowledge?

Dougie.

One of the forums recently there was a discussion about full body paint and how cheap it was in MX.  Drive across the border and start searching.  You will probably be really surprised how cheap it would be.

A link - or even a clue - would be helpful.  I don't really have a budget, but I'm guessing that randomly driving around Mexico might not be the most efficient method of finding a cheap body painter.  ::)

Dougie.

I'm looking for the same info. I talked to a person who winters in Mazatlan and knew several people who had both full body and stripes. Stripes were done in park and full body in a shop with Rvers staying in a hotel.Said full body was about $1500 and stripes only about $350.
Another person told me, that removing stripes and repainting in Rocky Point was about $1500. It would be nice to find somebody that actually had it done before going there.I

You can try this guy in Algodones, MX.  heard good things about his work
Manuel Amadors They strip, prime, seal then paint. You can stay in the
coach while they do it. He has hook ups.
011-658-517-7914 US cell # 928-503-0400,speaks English

Be careful wandering into Mexico without experience.  It has become increasingly dangerous (especially around the borders) with the cartel violence, even just within the last 5 years.  Personally I don't plan to ever return, even for cheap RV decals/paint.  ;)

scottydl said:
Be careful wandering into Mexico without experience.  It has become increasingly dangerous (especially around the borders) with the cartel violence, even just within the last 5 years.  Personally I don't plan to ever return, even for cheap RV decals/paint.  ;)
And don't plan on any warranty worth the paper its on.  Besides that, anyone with the "Buy American" spirit might want to reconsider before taking their business across the border.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom