Took the old Eagle for a drive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kind of what I figured.  I flipped the gaskets.  I see one has the chain attached and the bar across the end, the other cap doesn't.  Now where do you suppose that chain is?? ::)  Hope that won't hurt anything.

Also reading on here our little 300 hp doesn't sound like much horsepower.  I mean 500hp engines WOW!  So I guess we will be the turtle.  Need to fill all up and weigh and see where we are with weight.  I assume without the toad?  That's the way I did it before.  I want to check because of tire pressures we have 95 in the back 85 in the front, I looked at the Michelin chart but need to know the weights to be sure. I think going uphill I will be peddling hard, may even have to get Sue Anne to peddle too! ;D

I'm trying to remember all the stuff hubby told me about diesels, need to make a list.  He started out in life a heavy equipment operator so he has been around them all his life which sure helps as he knows quite a bit.  I know he feels comfortable or he wouldn't let her and I take off yet.  He worked his tail off to fix things and check things for us. 

He called today and could hardly talk he has a sore throat and laryngitus.  It's the air on the planes.  Said his throat was really sore.  He did get some cough drops I told him to just take plain salt in water and gargle several times a day.  My old doc said that's the best stuff going.  Poor old guy.  He is never sick.  I can count on one hand the times.

Up on the rooftop, tap, tap, tap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yodelai hoo!

Yep needs washed up here too

Sue Anne likes to take pics.  That girl thinks her mom is a bit crazy sometimes.  Who me????

Attachments

• Up on the roof top!!.JPG
    Up on the roof top!!.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Yee Ha!.JPG
    Yee Ha!.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 61
Your 300 hp engine will move about 30,000 lbs adequately, so don't worry about being a turtle. I'm confident your 93 doesn't weigh more than that. Heck, a 2000 Eagle grosses 32,000 only if fully loaded and they have the same 8.3L engine (but in the 350 hp variant).

The title says 26800 pounds and its a 92, think I said a 91, so gained a year.

I washed the old Eagle yesterday. I  use Meguiars on all my vehicles, but the others are much newer.  I think I misspelled on here in the past.

I went out to look at it this morning and was I surprised at the appearance.  Yesterday when washing I was dreading having to wax it.  I was going to wash the windows today, but look at this, does this look good or what?

I know with the trucks and car each time I wash I swear it looks shinier.  I've only used it on the Eagle 2 or 3 times and didn't even dry it.  It's one great car wash, a Gold color.

Attachments

• Good Shine.JPG
    Good Shine.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 74
Carolyn, that may just be the best looking '92 Eagle in existence.  I know you've convinced us that it gets more TLC than any other. 

I want to reserve my place in line for a chance to buy it when you (...err..Tom ?) decide on your next project MH. ;) ;D

It may sound silly to others, but Tom and I like taking old things, mainly houses and making them look nice and restoring them.  We just enjoy doing it.  It's a good thing we both like the same stuff or we would drive each other crazy with it.

He has a Ford tractor smaller one my dad bought new, it is over 30 years or older now.  When he retires he wants to repaint it and clean it all up, it still runs good and its always been kept in a shed of some type.  We use it at times.  Just something we enjoy doing.

It sure helps a marriage if you both have the same interests.

The neighbor that bought our other motorhome said at the time he was interested in either one. He said he would drive by and see us doing stuff to them all the time.  However, we had not even started on this one and would not have sold it to him.  He needs one that is newer not one like this that will likely require ongoing fixin'.  We never have trouble selling our stuff out here.

It sparkles!!  And it looks like it's ready to go right now....

ArdraF

I was wondering what a Beaver Patriot Thunder was and looked up some pics.  OH MY GOSH, what a motorhome.  Those are just beautiful.  I thought they had quit making them, must be confused with some other.

Yours doesn't say what year.  All of them look incredible.

Am I not seeing right, I could have sworn awhile ago there was no year on that Beaver? :eek:

Thanks for catching that, Carolyn -- I forgot to put in my profile that it's a 2007 (now corrected). Monaco did quit making the Beavers, and I think the last ones were in 2009, or at least that's the latest I can find on the Beaver site. There are a couple of pics of mine in the "Photos of member's rigs" (reply #466) thread in General Discussion.

We are currently finishing up our first trip in her, with a trailer group (Mile High Trailblazers) we belong to, near Salida, CO, right on the Arkansas River. Heading for home later this morning.

I looked at the pictures, well now that is a motorhome, all I can say is WOW!

All the folks I see their pics on here have very nice ones.  We all love what we have, but if your like me you also ogle something like that.  Would be lying if I said I didn't. 

But its all fun, we enjoy the fixing as much as the using.  And like I said there is likely one more in our future, but only ONE.  Now that is written down, only ONE more.  :p He! He!

Today off to get the mirrors installed.  Trying to get an appointment for a new step.  And want to put a new radio in the front so I can plug up my Sirius radio.  Sue Anne and I bomp down the road listening to that and many times at night instead of TV.  So I know I would miss it.  Then to the mechanic for the final items we want done and then off.

I have my guys lined up here to take care of everything.  Have had one here doing clean up for me outside yesterday and he will be back tomorrow.  Need to get the septics pumped.  Haven't notified the tenants yet but will.  Sue Anne and I have haircuts to get, a physical for her for MHMR, her monthly visit with MHMR, and her allergy shots.  While all this is going on, all those tomatoes are going to start ripening, and there's lots out there.  Almost forgot, have to go to the appraisal district, they finally reapprasied us and its a total mess, not sure how they arrived at some of  that information, so a have to before we leave.  Have all the pictures, measurements, and such ready for them.  Our property taxes raised over 6 times, probably pretty close to accurate but the mix is all wrong.  If we ever sell want all that to be correct.

Also have money tucked back in case of emergencies, tires if need be.  Have my Coach Net, so launch time is nearing.  So we are ready but easily 2 to 3 weeks of work on all this stuff before we leave.

Got the new mirrors on the end wall installed today, they look really nice.  I tried to take a picture but you just can't see how the detail is so I didn't post it.  But it looks good.  They added a nice beveled detail, looks so much better then the old one that was there with black edges, plus replacing the corner piece that was missing. For some reason they had a hole drilled in the old one about 3/4's up with a big screw in it.  Probably something had been mounted there that has been long gone.

Ordered the new step. By this afternoon stepping on it got the bottom closer and closer to the ground.  Hope its fixed this week, but their service area looks pretty backed up.

Also received the cylinder for the PacBrake, so moving along.

I left the motorhome out as its supposed to rain and I want to make sure the areas where we know there had been leaks are all fixed.  I'm sure they are as washing it with all the water I poured on it showed nothing, was good and dry, but I want it to go through a real rain and see that is good too.  Liquid Roof seems to be really good stuff.

Hole might have been to hang a clock.  Not sure about the Eagle but some coches actually had the clock movement behind the mirror with hands just showing. 

You are really working on this!  Great progress.  Reminds me of our fit truck camper project, just kept at it till we had it done.  In that project there were much more rehab vs fix.  Bathroom ceiling was bad, lots of little nasty things, but when done it was a gem.  (still uncut, but gemish)

I am starting to work on things for "looks", probably ought to save the money in case there are more functional things that might need fixing, but oh well.  Those are Tom fixes anyway.  I definitely have money back for tires.  I likely will get a new set for the front within the year no matter how good they look or the tire people tell me how good they are.  I do have one of those steer safe deals on the front, found the invoice in the manual where they had it put on, so that's good.

I was looking at the plastic? side walls beside the passenger seat and drivers, not doing anything with it right now.  I cleaned it all but its discolored in places, wonder if anyone has successfully painted those panels?

It didn't rain last night, just blew and cooled down a bit, shucks. 

I'm moving it back into place today, going to hook all the water back up, put water in tanks, wash a load of clothes and run water everywhere to make sure Tom got all the leaks fixed.  He is pretty sure he did. I hope so as I have the bays pretty well loaded up.  Also my inside cabinets have food etc loaded in them too.  Have things to add but not all that much.

I could kick myself telling him to get a quiet water pump, I can't tell when it is on.  I noted the pump switch works in the bathroom, the outside panel, the main panel but not at the button in front of the sink.  Wonder if they disconnected it as you would likely lean into it when doing anything there.  The water heater button there works.  I think I will pull that little piece off and just see if it came loose in the back. 

I would love to flush the water heater but it has a hot rodd in it that needs replaced and I'm afraid to try and take it out, I sure wouldn't want to break something off and have no hot water, its a 10 gallon heater.  Tom just couldn't get to everything and since I had hot water with propane we just didn't mess with it yet, but I would bet money it needs flushed out.  Would you attempt to get this out and flush it if you were me?  The hot rodd is inserted into the hole where the flush plug would be.

Today hope to put the wasp screens on the refrigerator panel, I cleaned a wasp nest out of there day before yesterday, they were all over in the appliance openings with the furnaces being the worst.  I have a new louver for the dryer vent, this one is screened.  The old one is riveted on, no wonder no one ever cleaned inside of it, the lint was packed tight in there.  I need to take Toms shop vac and see if I can get the hose into the dryer itself and vacuum, likely in there too.  You wouldn't believe what I pulled out of there.  I will screwe this cover on, but still the only way to clean that short vent will be to unscrew and take it off.

They mixed me paint at Home Depot to match best as we can because the vent is placed in the blue color scheme, right now all the louvers are broken out.  She also suggested a spray glosser to help it match the coach body.  Likely not perfect but pretty close.  Question how will I fasten this once I get the rivets out and how do I get the rivets out cleanly? 

I probably won't get much else done today out there as I have more stuff in here.

Oh I'm also going to remove the very very old hair dryer from the closet.  The bathroom has a half door that opens into the closet and you can get your clothes off the closet rod and the hair dryer off the wall.  I have a newer one and may add one of these later, its like the one in hotel rooms, but where it was plugged the receptacle was bad and my tenant when he worked on the electrical  thinks it shorted it and not to use that old one. 

So lots of little stuff still to mess with.  All of it could be let go, but just nice to fix all those little things too.

(By the way I have already priced a W/D as I'm having a real time getting the door unlatched.  We checked it out and can't see any reason for it, oiled it etc.)  I don't want to have to change it so will see what is going on, hoping its just from not being used or something simple.

I would like to take it to the mechanic and get those items taken care of but that step is so bad I don't want anyone trying to get in and out.  I would not like to get anyone hurt because of it so will just wait on that I guess.  I think we can still make our time frame.

I really want to get the windows tinted and a new radio in for my Sirius so will check on that after the step is fixed.  I wouldn't think that would take more then a day or two at the most.

I have filled the water tanks, have a load in the washer washing, lite the stove, then fridge.  The water heater didn't want to light but I was sure it was just air in the line as we had it lit before.  Sure enough after the fridge lit the water heater did. Ice maker clunking ice.  I put some more clorox in, not much and will empty it out again.  I wanted some to run through the icemaker. Tom sterilized it good with a gallon and a half of clorox but forgot to run it through the icemaker.  He also got it in that air tube, he said he could see black mold in it just like we did in the 2005 motorhome we had.  I see no water leaks anywhere, been under, in, and around.  Have the tank 3/4s full of water.  I read on here 35 gallons for a complete cycle of the washer?  My big one uses just a few gallons but of course this is pre energy efficiency. He got all those pesky little leaks it looks like!! ;D

So everything inside works, except I need one fantastic fan switch new and I need to order that tomorrow, looks like an easy fix, just kind of a plug in deal.  You can see it is rusted in the switch.  That is the one that will exhaust the kitchen heat when cooking. Also haven't tried the oven yet, its like brand new, doubt its ever been used so need to check it for dust and dirt first. And that switch on the front of the sink that turns the water pump off and on.

A lot of effort, looks like we are getting there though.  We didn't figure it needed quite as much as it has, but if it all works right and does good its well worth it.  The test will happen soon!

Back
Top Bottom