Do I need bicycles in Canada/Alaska ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
On the Alaska trip this summer I am deciding if I want to hang the bikes on the back of the Jeep for the trip through Canada and Alaska. We are not bike fanatics, mostly occasional at best. Because of the rough roads and flying gravel for a couple thousand miles I am thinking I may not take them along on this trip. 

For you folks that have made the trip before, what do you think about bicycles? Did you take any on the trip and did you use them much?

Thanks for your input!

We took a bike to Alaska and it was off the rack once the entire trip.

I wouldn't bother.  They'll also get pretty dirty if you get into a construction area that has just been watered down.  There's a lot of wilderness up there and that's not conducive to bicycling.  To Gary's list I might add Fairbanks.

ArdraF

You may want to do some Internet research on whether there are bike trails, or bike riding opportunities that you would enjoy, in the area where you will be.  We often do that so we know what to expect and whether it's worth hauling bikes along.  We also use folding bikes that allow us to store them inside and not worry as much about theft and road grime.

No way I'd be caught dead on a bike if I were you--I mean with the MH having them nice new shiny wheels on it. ;D ;D ;D
That is unless your bicycles has some nice bling on them too....LMAO
Sorry, couldnt resist... 8)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom