Trickin' out a used PopUp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amasake

Hey there! How easy is it to find accessories for used pop ups? Where does one look? The dealer I purchased my used 2004 Starcraft 1701 from is kind of a "bare bones" operation. Seriously, they offered me a *railroad tie* to replace the metal foot that was missing! :)  They eventually found a spare one lying around but it doesn't really fit and I'd rather buy something specifically for the model I own.

So I need a foot and something to stop the wheels from rolling forward. Also, I'd love to find the screen "room" part that looks like it would zip into the canvas awning over the door (the edges of canvas have zipper teeth, I figure that's why?). Additionally, the camper has an outside propane hook up, and it'd be sweet to get a grill or something for that.

I could go on and on. Since I don't have a manual, I printed up one for a 2006 Starcraft 1701 -- and then read that apparently the 1701 wasn't made until 2006 so I guess the dealer was wrong when he told me it was a 2004...  ??

Anyway, as I'm digesting the online manual for a tent camper that may or may not be the one I have... I was wondering if anyone knows of any reliable, affordable sites for pop up accessories and equipment? Any info or direction provided would be MOST appreciated, thank you very very much and have a great day!

Not sure where you live, but a current Coleman dealer would probably have what you need.  The one here in Mesa, AZ, Little Dealers, Little prices was good about suplying parts for our 1989 Coleman Plantation pop-p.  I traded that in 2005 for a TT so I am not current on their pop-up supplies today.

Item number one...
Figure out what you got!  There should be a sticker/plate from the manufacturer with the date it was born on the body of the camper.  The model should be either be on the body as a decal, on the registration/title, somewhere obvious.  Once that is known, getting a manual should be easy for the camper itself.  The appliances, and any add-ons to the basic unit would have their own owner manuals that would have come with the camper when new.  Without those manuals, or a line sheet, you might have to look at each item individually for make and model numbers before ordering anything from anybody.

There are many online sites for RV parts.  I see you are in PA.  Maybe someone in your neighborhood can point you to someone close.  If that doesn't pan out for you, Richfield Trailer Supply here in MI has a store in Flint, MI.  I use the store in Grand Rapids, MI.  Have for years with great service and success in getting parts for a PUP I used to own.  As well as what I have now.  They advertise free shipping on their website.

Best of luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom