27 foot Class C - Where can I buy a Class IV or V hitch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MotoGod

So we just bought a 27 foot class C (89 Winnebago Warrior) and it has a wimpy looking Class I or II ball mount hitch (looks like the equivalant of a bumper mount ball on a pickup truck), but I need at least a Class III to tow my 7X14 enclosed trailer.  I have found a few of those, but since the RV *can* tow more than 10,000 lbs I figured I would go with a class IV or V hitch Receiver instead.  The problem is I can't seem to find any online.

Anyone have any idea where I can get one?  I plan to hit up the local RV dealer, but I know their prices are pretty high.

I seriously doubt if that Warrior is rated to tow anything like 10,000 lbs.  I'm guessing its a Chevy gas chassis and those typically had a tow rating of 3500-4000 lbs. What is the GCWR of the chassis?

A receiver is easy to buy - the problem is finding a way to attach it to the frame. And RV chassis often have an extension added to the back to support the long-ish RV body that overhangs the rear of a standard truck chassis. Usually that extension is the weak point in adding a heavy duty hitch. You need a competent hitch shop rather than an RV dealer. They will probably have to weld up some brackets to mount the receiver, regardless of what Class you choose.

You might be right Gary.  It's got a Ford 460 Gas engine under the hood.  I'll have to check the manual again, but it's rated for either 15,000 or 18,500....but that may also include the weight of the RV itself, which is right around 10K I believe.  I've got a 4,200lb 7X14 enclosed trailer I'll be towing from time to time.

I suppose a Class III will work just fine with it....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom