Hitch for 31 foot Tioga

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiogaearl31

Does anyone have any experience changing hitches on a 31 foot Fleetwood Tioga Ranger.  (2007 Ford E-450 chassis)  My motorhome is rated for towing 5,000 pounds and that has been confirmed with Fleetwood.  However, they installed a 3500 pound hitch at the factory.  I need a 5,000 pound hitch.  Aftermarket bolt on hitches will not fit because the last 14 inches of the frame angle upward and they are made to fit a straight frame.  Fleetwood provided the phone numbers for Drawtite and Reese but they are no help because of agreements with Fleetwood.  Does anyone have experience in this or have a suggestion.  Thank you in advance for your help.  Earl

I had the same problem and never did find a hitch that would work.  Most aftermarket hitches state "Do not weld" so if you had one welded on, they will not stand behind the rating.  However, if done correctly by a good welder, I doubt if there is any actual integrity loss.  I recommend you approach a good certified welding shop and let them see what they can do.  They may be able to attach an aftermarket hitch or they may just construct one.

Back
Top Bottom