Updating our Coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shakenbake said:
This weeks project was installing a new Refrigerator. The old Dometic RM2611 was working fine but we needed more space. I didn't want to shell out $1500 for a larger one so I decided to install a standard home fridge. I already have a 2000 watt Xantrex pure sine inverter and a transfer switch so the conversion was not a tough decision for me. I ended up going with a 10 cu. ft. Whirlpool for less than $400. I was still limited in width so this was about the largest I could go without some major interior changes. I first had to remove the Magnatek power center that was below the fridge and relocate it under the dinette storage area. That was the hardest part of the whole conversion. After that I cut the opening out to fit the new Whirlpool.  The end result is amazing. The unit cooled down in 15 minutes and it only draws around 1 amp. I have 440 amp hours of battery so this unit could run quite a while with no AC power.  Here are some pics.

You are a machine!  Looks great!  We do not boondock so if and when my Norcold 611 heads west we'll do something along that line.  I guess at that time if we still have this rig I'll add in the vented washer/dryer combo too.

Thanks for posting the pics, good info and ideas.  I don't like anything electrical  :eek: but there are plenty of electricians at work that will help me. Now if you need a building, road, bridge or runway built, I'm the guy!  ;)

Today's project was the bathroom. A few coats of oil based primer and 2 coats of paint to freshen up the old nasty walls. The counter got the same epoxy treatment as the rest of the coach. Also found some nice tile to do the backsplash in. Overall I am very pleased. First pic is a before.

Attachments

• 2f9190eb.jpg
    2f9190eb.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 426
  • bath3.JPG
    bath3.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 439
  • bath4.JPG
    bath4.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 408
  • bath2.JPG
    bath2.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 444
Are you for hire?!?!!!  LOL!!! Seriously - REALLY great work!

Great job. I just installed that same Whirlpool in a clients coach. Lots more room inside.

Thanks Ernie. The refrigerator has to be one of the best investments I have made for the RV.

Here are a few pics of the TV setup I did to replace the old tube. It's a 37" LG with soundbar mounted above. The TV keeps from moving around while driving with some velcro tabs on the back. Behind the TV where the old one sat is the subwoofer for the soundbar and a power strip for all of the electronics( xbox, PS3 and a Mac Mini). The LG soundbar turned out to be perfect for the RV. It has Bluetooth built in so I can send iTunes or Pandora directly to it from my phone.

Attachments

• tv3.JPG
    tv3.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 433
  • tv2.JPG
    tv2.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 395
  • tv1.JPG
    tv1.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 410
I am watching you in awe.  We just purchased our first RV (93 31' Dutchmen Class C) - it's in excellent condition for it's age and miraculously, the colors are not the garish dark teals and dark blues from that era.  However, I'm definitely going to be focusing on some decor upgrades without putting a lot of money into it.  The counters and faux tile you did in the kitchen and bathroom are great and I'll be doing those.  Thanks for sharing all of this!

What did you do to the sink?  Did you replace it or paint it?  Is that a houshold faucet?

Ryan k said:
What did you do to the sink?  Did you replace it or paint it?  Is that a houshold faucet?

I replaced the bathroom sink. It was only around $15 from my local RV store. All the faucets in my RV are household faucets. In most cases I don't think there is a difference.

What was the model # of the rubber flooring that was use in the front of the coach remodel? Thanks, Dennis

WOW,  very nice work. Really like the colors and contrasts, looks warm and inviting.

We are doing some minor upgrades, paint, and pergo floors/tile bath while living in our MH.
Weather is nice so we can go do something while fans blow out the latex paint smell. Converted the dining space to a sofa and gained 7.5 sg ft in the living area.

If we ever do any serious remodel I'm going to use a few of your hints.

Lookin good.

VERY, VERY NICE!  I hope you enjoy using your rig. With all those improvements, you should be able to enjoy your traveling fun. 

wow you've done an incredible job  :) i've really enjoyed going though the before and after pics

I applaud your remodel. Super execution has yielded wonderful results. What is your coach? A lot of these look similar. I have a 1996 Tiffin 28 and it looks very similar, but the dash looks like you may have a Ford, whereas mine is a Chevy fedex truck. cheers!

Beautiful work. Do you have any idea what your affect on your empty weight is?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom