RVDA-RVIA Certified Full Timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tubaronnie

Anyone full timing and supplementing income with RVDA/RVIA Cert mobile service or dealer service center job? I am interested in getting certified (just love working on the motorhome and have always been a "fix-it" guy. Looked online at a couple of Florida schools.) Would really like to get info from someone that has done it  - I have 3 years to get ready for fulltiming, so I can get training and even seasonal work at local dealer. Where is best place to get trained? Any advice is welcome!

Last I heard, Camping World would make it possible for their techs to move seasonally. I don't think they have any formal program for that, though. Just one store manager to another, giving recommendations.

I have known a couple fulltimers doing RV tech work, but they just pick and area they like and apply for a job like anyone else. The certification makes for a very credible application.

We have one long time forum member that worked for Camping World, in the Henderson, NV, store in winter and the Rogers, MN, store in the summer.

Thanks for the ideas concerning Camping World. I actually wondered if they had ever had a "mobile rep" selling memberships/insurance quotes, etc. on commission and/or rv park mobile techs/sales reps. I know some parks have their own store, so conflict there perhaps, but it sure would take Camping World right into the parks.

Back
Top Bottom