Grand Teton National Park? Campground, Fishing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Framily.
Jack, Cole(our grandson) and I are planning a trip from Belen, NM(ALB) to Grand Teton

National Park. I used MS Streets and Strips for planning a route. For the most part, we

are routed on I-25 up into Wyoming. Then onto I-80 at Cheyenne. Then at Rawlings, WY, we

travel on US-287, then west onto US-26 to Grand Teton Park RV Resort, Moran Junction, WY.
Comments, suggestions or ideas on this route ? Any suggestions as to the best campground in the Park to use with a 40 ft. Blue Bird Wanderlodge?

Thanks,
Jack and Liz and Cole and Oreo the cat.

Thanks,
Jack and Liz

Jack & Liz:

If Jack is up to a few 2 lane roads and a few grades there is a much more scenic route after Denver:

I-70 to Silverthorne/Dillon
Rte 9 to Kremmling
US 40 to Craig
CO 13/ WY 789
I-80 to US287

The two heavy grades  are climbing up out of Denver, the Eisenhower Tunnel (Up & down), and Rabbit Ears Pass on US-40 just east of Steamboat Springs. We have done all the above as far as I-80 with several gas m/h's successfully (some faster than others) and the views are spectacular and there is a lot to see and do in Colorado. One of our favorite summer and winter destinations is Steamboat Springs, CO, take your grandson to the local rodeo if you have the chance, he'll love it. Also most of the ski areas have lifts open to take you up and back down the mountains.

There is a nice campground just south of Dillon on the reservoir and Tiger Run a bit further south in Breckenridge, also two good campgrounds in Steamboat Springs, one on each end of town.

Jack and Liz,

I would stay at Colter Bay in the National Park. Here you have two choices. The "Campground" (no services) run by the NPS or The Colter Bay RV Park (full Hookups) run by a concessionaire. I like the Campground better if you can do without hookups. Both are shaded by large trees. The campground will run $15 - 16 per night, the RV Park will run $42 - 43 per night. I did not stay at the RV park but it is rated OK for large rigs - but I though some of the turns could be tight, but remember I drive a forty plus foot rig with  the turning radius of the Queen Mary. The campground has loops with pullovers for easy parking.

ken

Howdy, Ken and Sheila.

Ken & Sheila said:
Jack and Liz,

<<I would stay at Colter Bay in the National Park. Here you have two choices. The "Campground" (no services) run by the NPS or The Colter Bay RV Park (full Hookups) run by a concessionaire. I like the Campground better if you can do without hookups. Both are shaded by large trees. The campground will run $15 - 16 per night, the RV Park will run $42 - 43 per night>>>.
Ken & Sheila said:
Eeek. Ouch. Is there a dump station at the "Campground" or drinkable water for the fresh water tank?

>> I did not stay at the RV park but it is rated OK for large rigs - but I though some of the turns could be tight, but remember I drive a forty plus foot rig with  the turning radius of the Queen Mary. The campground has loops with pullovers for easy parking. >>
Hmmm. We drive a 40 Ft. Blue Bird Wanderlodge, turning radius is not too bad but...........

Thank you very much for this detailed info,
Liz

ken

Avoid the campgrounds in Jackson Hole, Expensive and not what I would consider all that great.  Haven't been there for years but the last time we were there was very disapointing to us the way they have ruined what use to be a very desirable place to visit.  Now Teton National Park great take your camera.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom