You Could Have Heard a Pin Drop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerArdra

See this web site.

http://www.cartoon-links.com/life/you-could-have-heard-a-pin-drop-stories.html

JerryF

Although, these are some interesting tidbits, bashing our President and the French gets pretty old after while.

Paul

These stories appear on a number of web sites. I have no idea who owns the copyright, but here's a link to  one of those sites.

Meanwhile, here's a link to a Snopes response to one of them. I suspect there are others.

Although, these are some interesting tidbits, bashing our President and the French gets pretty old after while.
Some folks go out of their way to be offended.

Hmmm, this post is definitely setting up like a brick going for a swimming pool.... ;)

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed reading them.  When visiting a friend in VA hosp I always enjoyed talking with WWII vets.  They have such a unique perspective about our country.

A good story,,, Is still a good story, no matter what Snoops says.. However a sob stgory that asks for money, or cards or letters or comments.. Is another matter.

When I read the subject of this thread.. My first thought was "In this forum a PIN DROPPING (King pin that is) makes can be heard from quite a distance.  That makes a LOT of noise.

Those were good stories, True or not.. They were good stories.

Just Lou said:
Some folks go out of their way to be offended.

Are you referring to anyone on this forum, or was that a general statement?    ::)

I know Jerry didnt intend to offend anyone, and I wasnt offended by comment about our President apologizing for past actions of our country, now Uncle Ted's remarks are a different story.

Hope your day is going well.

Paul

John From Detroit said:
Those were good stories, True or not.. They were good stories.

You're right John!  If nothing else, they were entertaining and regardless of how people want to argue about them, there is a grain of truth as the basis of each story.  They may or may not have been spoken, but they should have been.

Last night on TV (4/18/2012) I saw the Secy of Defense apologize

JerryF

Sounds like there is a lot of truth in those "quotes".

Unless you have been around the French Military, you just would not understand.

The best we could hope for was if the lovely young gal wanted to catch a few rays of sunshine before the Aircrew arrived at their jet and/or that the Maintainers were late, or their jet landed early... the going rate was a case of French wine for "payment" for our GI's backing the French KC-135 into the spot.

Oly

Back
Top Bottom