Work in Yellowstone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

We have an opening for 1 couple with Rv here at Old Faithful.  Interested?  Paid position, you pay for lot but inexpensive.  Season mid May. To end of Sept.  if interested please PM me.  Need to give info to submit app.

What a coincidence that we see your ad just when we were discussing the posibility of getting a job in Yellowstone for the season.  The big question is what is the pay and what is the lot cost?

Thanks
Jerry & Nanette
Houston, Texas

Pay starts at 7.75/hr, you will each work about 30 hours a week, Lot plus electric, about 200 a month, payroll deducted.  Starts mid May, ends 10/1.  There is an ad on Workamper News and an application on our website, www.yellowstoneassociation.org jobs tab.  We already have about 20 apps, if you are interested apply quickly, we need to get a couple hired in the next week.

There are other perks as well as compensation.

Popped this back up because we had a cancellation by one of the couples we were expecting. 

This is for a couple with an RV, at our Grant / West Thumb park stores.  If interest3ed please email me at [email protected] for details.

Season is Mid May through Oct 1st.  about 28 hours each.

Thanks!

Filled the position last night. 

Kim, we do have occasional single spots to fill, just not typically.  So hang in there.

What were the qualifications?  My DH is retiring (finally) this July and we will be ready for something like this next year...if we don't go to Alaska!  ;D  He's retiring from being a Union Electrician for 40 years...Just thought I'd see about the qualifications since working at Yellowstone sounds like something we would enjoy.  We both love the outdoors and he's always been an avid hunter and fisherman.  Thanks in advance...Mikie

Quals are , be nice.  Have a love of the parks, be ready for just about anything.  We train you on the sales aspect, but you can't train someone to be nice and hapy.

PancakeBill said:
Quals are , be nice.  Have a love of the parks, be ready for just about anything.  We train you on the sales aspect, but you can't train someone to be nice and hapy.

LOL That's for sure.  I worked in outside sales for years and agree that to work in sales you have to be nice and happy!!  Even if it hurts you...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a working summer. We have plans this year, but might apply next season.
Thanks for the info.

We worked at Yellowstone about 2 years ago for the summer.  LOVED EVERY SECOND!  Would like to do it again.  But now we are working in the winter and traveling in the summer.

I am semi new to this group still and thought I'd check this part of the forum just for something like this. We love Yellowstone. :) Are there any full-time positions down there or is it all seasonal?

There are full time but a lot more seasonal and much of the FT positions are filled via seasonal workforce.  What kind of work would you be looking for?  Most of the seasonal positions are service related, hotel, restaurant stuff. 

What is your background?

Do you ever have seasonal jobs for someone with over 20 years Human Resource experience?

Thanks. We'd definitely need to make a career switch. My husband works with computers and I'm currently a Stay at Home Mom to our 1 year old...I used to work in commercial lending and have previously done sales. We love Yellowstone and toy with the idea of moving down there...there's even a bakery in West Yellowstone we have our eye on but that may be a bit adventurous. :)

PancakeBill said:
There are full time but a lot more seasonal and much of the FT positions are filled via seasonal workforce.  What kind of work would you be looking for?  Most of the seasonal positions are service related, hotel, restaurant stuff. 

What is your background?

Is the Bakery for sale?  It hasn't opened yet, we have been wondering. 

Seasonal work is available, check it out, HR is typically a year round, but some spots are there.  Check with Xanterra or Delaware North.  They also have regular jobs open.

Yeah the Bakery's been for sale for a little while now. We were down there in September and saw the sign. :) Have since seen it online via a Realtor's website. It's the Bear Country Bake Shop. Is that the same one you're thinking of?

Thanks for the info. :)

Back
Top Bottom