Swivel seat stuck forward, jumped track blocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldedit

We have a 2006 Roadtrek Adventurous. Driver's swivel seat jumped the 2 front 1/8"  metal blocks on tracks. Can't see how to take thing apart and get the seat back. Seat is very tight to the tracks. I don't know how it jumped the blocks.

Need seat manual.

Who makes the seat?

Searching for YouTube how to fix swivel seat video.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Don

The 2006 Roadtrek Adventurous (2005 Mercedes chassis) has the Mercedes seats on swivel seat bases made by an Ontario company, Cornel Weldon (sp?), according to tech support at Roadtrek.

This means a Mercedes dealer needs to work on the problem unless I can get an RV tech to look at it independently.

Dan, the service manager at Van City RV in St. Louis, where we bought the van, recommends taking the seat off the swivel base and using a rubber mallet to put the seat back on the slide track. So I have an appointment with Mercedes of Littleton, CO, and I'm trying to reach a mobile RV tech. The rear seat slide tracks can't be used to temporarily replace the problem slide track.

I don't want to do this myself. And I don't want to pay Camping World to diagnose the seat or work on it.

Neither the very knowledgeable tech support guy at Roadtrek nor the service manager at Van City had heard of this problem or seen it. So I'm going to patent it. :)

Solution: Grease the seat slides. Mercedes of Littleton solve the stuck seat problem for $60. Thanks, Todd White and the Sprinter technician, Nathan. Somehow he was able to move the seat and grease the slides. I couldn't make it budge.

Back
Top Bottom