Wide Screen TV Install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWanderer

I have a 1997 Georgie Boy, Encounter. The current TV is a 19" and is mounted in the center in the lower dash. I want to replace it with a 42" inch LCD or Plasma TV and hang it from the ceiling in the front over the dashboard. Has anyone out there tried this? If so, what advice would you have on this project. Thank you in advance for your advice. Oh, I am also thinking about putting one of those fake fireplaces where the TV is now. What do you think?

I'm not sure what you mean by "hang from the ceiling" but I doubt seriously that your m/h can support that unless you have a cabinet up there aLready to attach the TV to.

I put a 46 inch in my RV, but I did not and would not hang it from the ceiling. I installed a cabinet and set it on top of the cabinet. I bolted the stand to the cabinet with four very solid nuts and bolts by drilling holes through the base and the cabinet. Then I got two thick metal straps about 18 inches long and bolted them to the VESA mounting holes in the back of the TV and attached them with solid bolts to the overhead cabinets. I could roll this RV and the TV will not come undone. I will be posting photos of the interior of the RV at the end of the week and I will post the TV to this thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom