How-to: adjusting the fore/aft side/side level sensors - HWH jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team

Edit:  Thanks to Mamaw, I realized that auto level was an option, so not everybody has an auto-level feature  :'(

Just happened across my scribbled notes about adjusting the HWH auto-level level indicators.  This is a great time to put my notes in a post (with pictures) so others (and myself) can benefit.  I'll place it in the library as well.

The pictures tell the story for the most part. 

So, how do I know if I need to adjust the level sensors?  Simple - if you push the HWH On button twice for automatic leveling and if you aren't satisfied with how the electronics leveled the coach (or you ran out of jack on a fairly level site), you need to tweak the adjustments.

Procedure:

Locate your HWH control box.  See attached picture for where ours is located.

Manually level the coach side/side and fore/aft.  I use the head and shower doors as my "level" - when they both remain open at 45*, our coach is level to our liking.  If you have a cook that gripes about all of the oil running to one side of the frying pan, then level to the stove cooktop.

Round up a 5/16" socket and a 7/8" socket (you could use wrenches but I found sockets much easier to use) - you won't need a ratchet since the adjustments can be easily turned with fingers on the socket.

Find something to lay on while you fiddle with the adjustments - I carry an old furniture pad with me for those moments.

There are four small and difficult to see LEDs on the HWH control box MAIN  level sensor circuit board that replicate the four level/not level indicators on the HWH control panel.  There is an attached picture with the general location of the LEDs on the circuit board (at least as I recall) - they are difficult to spot but when you rotate one of the adjustments, look for a small LED that is being lit (of course, lit means out of level in that axis.)

Rotate the 5/16" adjustment for dark LEDs and the same for the 7/8" adjustment.  One adjustment might cause the other to go out of level, so keep at it until you have four dark LEDs.

Store the jacks, then do another auto-level and see how you did.  You might need to slightly tweak an adjustment but I usually don't and just manually adjust the jacks when we're setting up in a campground.

Attachments

• Adjustments.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 715
  • BigView.jpg
    BigView.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 600
  • CircuitBoard.jpg
    CircuitBoard.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 562
Probably a stupid question, but did they change the HWH between and 2004 and 2005 models?  I have the 04 Vectra and when I press the on button twice, nothing happens.  I have to use the individual buttons to level.  Did I miss something?

My circuit board went bad. I had Camping World do the repairs under the extended service contract. The technician simply disconnected the OEM board, and moved the replacement into the LF basement compartment. It is mounted to the roof of that compartment, very easy to access and adjust if necessary. I now know how to adjust the level, thank you John.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom