No Water To Fridge/Icemaker -- Fixed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry N.

I thought I'd post this, just in case someone else runs into a similar problem:

I spent several hours yesterday while dewinterizing my new (to me) 2007 Beaver, looking for a way to get water to the Jenn-Air residential fridge, for both the water dispenser and for the ice-maker. Water was good everywhere else, and the "icemaker" valve on the water manifold was on, but no water. I crawled through various compartments, looked everywhere I could find, and no additional valve for the water. I even turned the fridge back off and let it set for most of a day before turning it back on, just in case the water lines were frozen.

This afternoon, I started messing around again, including removing and reinstalling the water filter (water filter, on a fridge?? -- new to me). After the second try, lo and behold I have water. It turns out that the water filter not only slides into place in it's compartment, but needs about a half turn twist (far from obvious) to be fully installed, even though the compartment closes fine. What is not evident (and wasn't mentioned in the manual) is that there apparently is a valve internally in that filter mechanism to shut off the water flow until the filter is completely in.

Back
Top Bottom