Latest Aussie RV'ing Newsletter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian

One of the many stalls I visited while at the last Caravanning & Camping Show was all about the We Love This Country club. A promotion of the Caravan, RV & Accommodation Industry of Australia, We Love This Country is all about hitching up the van or RV and heading out to take in the wonderful sights that this beautiful contry can offer. This is their web site http://www.welovethiscountry.net.au
Here is their first newsletter telling about some of the events and activities that club members have been involved with.

I especially like the idea of the Op Shop Black Tie dinner, you have to pick your clothes up at the Op Shops along the way. What a laugh! Might even be an idea for the next Framily Rally? See who can dress up the best from pre-loved clothes?

I also like the idea of suggesting an event that folks can attend along with 2 or 3 places to stay while enjoying the event. That would be a very helpful hint if I was looking to head to one of these places.

Hi Ian

A few of us Brits have been doing a LITTLE research into RVing thru Australia.

Could you possibly give us some details of what is/isnt permitted in the way of Motorhomes down there.

I read that the RV MUST have the door on the left side of the vehicle?

Any restrictions on length/width/height etc?

I did read that we could bring an RV into Australia, but only for a very limited period.

Thanks
Paul

Mick - there's an idea for us all if we cant take them back to the UK - we'll all go down under.  ;D

Might even be an idea for the next Framily Rally? See who can dress up the best from pre-loved clothes?

Shoot Ian, we do that every rally.? ?'Course best isn't an adjective usually applied to the way we look.? Least worst is a bit clumsy but more like it.? ?;D

Paul, just to update you on your query about travelling with an RV Down Under.
I have a couple of different enquiries going at the moment. As soon as I get any solid information I will pass it onto you.Update 1 June 2006: Please see the new thread with the response from my State's Department of Transport on this question.

Back
Top Bottom