EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Dash Mounted TV for a Holiday Rambler Vacationer  (Read 4040 times)

53Stude

Dash Mounted TV for a Holiday Rambler Vacationer
« on: April 27, 2012, 08:44:19 PM »
  The TV in my 99  Holiday Rambler Vacationer is ready for the trash can... What can I do to update it without
it looking amaturish... my wife is not happy if she can't watch her "Home Shopping" or "Judge Judy" and if my
little "cupcake" is not happy.... well Im sure you get the picture... Can someone please help me ????????????

Dave in Michigan  8)

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Re: Dash Mounted TV for a Holiday Rambler Vacationer
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:57:51 PM »
A whole bunch of us have updated our CRT to LCD TVs. If you search here you will find lots of threads on updating your TV. What a lot of people have done is to remove the old TV and then measure the size of the cut out. Then go shopping at Walmart with a tape measure in your hand and find one that will fill the opening as closely as possible. Since CRTs are 4:3 aspect ratio and LCDs are 16:9 aspect ratio you might not find one that will fit exactly. You can usually cut a piece of wood to fill the gap.

If you are not comfortable doing the work yourself you can find mobile carpenters on Craigslist that could come out and finish it off professionally.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
2016 photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/aXQPbnVpgzNvs4Jq8
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
We added an led tv. Much thinner and just a bit larger then the opening. With those fancy mounting brackets out there, the possibilities are endless.
Ernie Ekberg, Weatherford, Tx
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
www.ernieekbergflooring.net

PancakeBill

• ---
  • Bill & Jolene/USA 97 Southwind 35P
    • WorKamping in Yellowstone
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »
The size I had in my 97 Southwind was very square, I comverted the TV space to a shelved area for the sat receivers, surround sound etc.  Smoked plexi doors finish it off.  TV I put on the dash and travel with it on the bed.  Put the TV at a better viewing height, set it on, plug in the power and video cable and good to go.  I would prefer a mounted spot, but not possible without total rebuild of the over dash compartments.  With the slimline and low weight of the new units, it is easy to move it around.  Only downside is the quick overnights where it needs to be moved to go to bed.  However, that has never been an issue to me.
Bill & Jolene W & Koda

Old Faithful, Yellowstone Association Bookstore
1997 Southwind 35P
Toads: 1997 Honda Accord & 1986 Westfalia
FMCA F-401354
1995 OMI Dobro F-60
WA1RI

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »
Bill, we did that same procedure with our previous coach. My wife would set it up and take it to the bed for travel while I was doing stuff outside

pipepro

• ---
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:21:49 AM »
I have a 99 HR Vacationer also and this is what I did. I put shelves in the dash and installed a 32 inch LCD on the wall by the kitchen table. See Pics
Geoff & Susie
"No matter where we go, There we are"
1999 Holiday Rambler Vacationer
Kar Kaddy Towing
2009 Chevy Aveo5 or 2007 Buick Rendevous

66ewarts

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »
Sorry if I'm doing the wrong thing by replying to this and not starting a new topic.

(I'm new to forums and motor homes)

I have the exact same model and year Holiday Rambler.(99 Vacationer)

I removed the screws that I assumed held the frame in place but it won't come off.

I don't want to force it. What did you do?

Thanks

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
it may have screws in the sides and the cabinets on each side may have them hidden. Everything was installed and with a bright flashlight, all those screws can be found. There may be some oak plugs hiding the screws.

66ewarts

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 10:05:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

Mine is like pipepro's. (lower molded dash)

I think I might have to remove the engine cover to see underneath.

Hosted by Over The Network