Dash Mounted TV for a Holiday Rambler Vacationer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

53Stude

The TV in my 99  Holiday Rambler Vacationer is ready for the trash can... What can I do to update it without
it looking amaturish... my wife is not happy if she can't watch her "Home Shopping" or "Judge Judy" and if my
little "cupcake" is not happy.... well Im sure you get the picture... Can someone please help me ????????????

Dave in Michigan  8)

A whole bunch of us have updated our CRT to LCD TVs. If you search here you will find lots of threads on updating your TV. What a lot of people have done is to remove the old TV and then measure the size of the cut out. Then go shopping at Walmart with a tape measure in your hand and find one that will fill the opening as closely as possible. Since CRTs are 4:3 aspect ratio and LCDs are 16:9 aspect ratio you might not find one that will fit exactly. You can usually cut a piece of wood to fill the gap.

If you are not comfortable doing the work yourself you can find mobile carpenters on Craigslist that could come out and finish it off professionally.

We added an led tv. Much thinner and just a bit larger then the opening. With those fancy mounting brackets out there, the possibilities are endless.

The size I had in my 97 Southwind was very square, I comverted the TV space to a shelved area for the sat receivers, surround sound etc.  Smoked plexi doors finish it off.  TV I put on the dash and travel with it on the bed.  Put the TV at a better viewing height, set it on, plug in the power and video cable and good to go.  I would prefer a mounted spot, but not possible without total rebuild of the over dash compartments.  With the slimline and low weight of the new units, it is easy to move it around.  Only downside is the quick overnights where it needs to be moved to go to bed.  However, that has never been an issue to me.

Bill, we did that same procedure with our previous coach. My wife would set it up and take it to the bed for travel while I was doing stuff outside

I have a 99 HR Vacationer also and this is what I did. I put shelves in the dash and installed a 32 inch LCD on the wall by the kitchen table. See Pics

Attachments

• Dsc00668.jpg
    Dsc00668.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Dsc00682.jpg
    Dsc00682.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 113
Sorry if I'm doing the wrong thing by replying to this and not starting a new topic.

(I'm new to forums and motor homes)

I have the exact same model and year Holiday Rambler.(99 Vacationer)

I removed the screws that I assumed held the frame in place but it won't come off.

I don't want to force it. What did you do?

Thanks

it may have screws in the sides and the cabinets on each side may have them hidden. Everything was installed and with a bright flashlight, all those screws can be found. There may be some oak plugs hiding the screws.

Thanks for the reply.

Mine is like pipepro's. (lower molded dash)

I think I might have to remove the engine cover to see underneath.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom